How to settle an account with a CA?

ataloss

Ok, so its not even two years into sol yet.

Send them a dv letter, crrr. You can find the letter on my web link under my sign. Someplace in the letter, just put something like this, Be advised under the FDCPA I request that all forms of communication from your company to me be in the form of writting only.

You say its not reported on your cr right now? Is that just the ca not reported but the oc is?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Randy.. There are a many pre-conceived notions about us Southern folk if you will. Slow, backwards etc. None of them are true IMO. As you can se Swede set that person straight and we will never hear from that individual again. :wink:

Personally, This board has been a blessing for me as well. Taught me many things about credit etc that have help and will continue to help me. We have all made mistakes big or small but the common denominator is that we should all get a 2nd chance at anything we do including credit. :D:D I still have a way's to go but the credit journey is in essence, similar to life' winding road. Ups and downs, highs and lows, whatever you use to describe it. Perserverance and determination has been and always be the the things that seperate the winners and losers. :)

Now on to ataloss. As cookie said STOP TALKING TO THESE FOLK!!!!!

If you have the urge write the number down, go to a payphone that is not in your neighborhood and call them. I would also like to add is this: Most phone co's, Verizon is my carrier here in Durham NC, have features were you can block calls or when someone from a private/unknown number calls you they will have to have your permission before they speak with. Check into ASAP and recover some of your piece of mind. This last piece maybe somewhat of a reach but hey, I would advise you to get clean up all of your old addresses that are listed on your credit report, unlist your phone number, and get a private po box (mail boxes etc, ups store) so while you are cleaning up your credit CA and OC's cannot harass you. Privacy has become my new mission.. Keep yours.... Good luck :wink:

OMG>..I think I overlooked it. The CA is being reported as well. Sherman Acquisition is there!

Lender: Sherman ACQ

Date Opened: 06/01/2003

Balance: $x.xxx

Accoutn type: Charge CArd

Amound past due: It shows the entire amount

under acct# they both show the same acct#.

:roll::shock::cry:

Gum...

You can dispute it www.transunion.com. You do not need a confimation #. Juust click on personal solutions and go from there.

What will my dispute be, not mine? paid as agreed?

And now what...do I send validations to both CA's?

Always dispute not mine first. Online disputing may be more convenient but, it might be a better idea if you sent it via CMRR. Always keep a paper trail. I would dispute the OC and the CA. If the CRA verifies then send a DV to the CA. Dispute these accounts with EQ and EX as well. If i have a negative entry on my reports i dispute it with all CRA's at the same time. When u send the DV send it CMRR(Certified Mail Return Reciept).

I'm sorry, I know I might be confusing at times

In relation to this particular account this is the parties involved:

OC-Household (reporting)

CA-Sherman ACQ (reporting)

CA- Encore (not reporting)

The 2nd CA is the one that I spoke to that backed out of the settlement. They are the ones that were assigned by Sherman to collect.

Do I send the validation to both CA's?

I have from the 2nd one, but right now I can't remember if I have received from the Sherman ACQ (1st CA). I am waiting to get home to see if I did receive or not. I believe I did receive from them a while back but ignored it as I had no money to pay it and really didnt' even know what else to do with it.

Does that make a difference?

To Swede, Gumshoe, & the other chosen few...

I love to read and watch you all squirm to try to justify what you are saying... and obviously can't. It took swede 9 or 10 paragraphs.

And gumshoe playing the "race card" how predictable. It shows a small mind to come back with something like that.

I just hit a chord that none of you want to here and admit I am right. When someone follows your advice and refuses to pay someone and then loses their house, how superior will you feel then. You are playing with peoples lives and stepping over line.

I challenge any of you in regards to getting out of paying what you owe to ask your minister, priest, mother, etc...what they might think of your actions ? I'll bet you would be to ashamed to even ask. This has been fun... and I admit I have learned a few things but it is depressing to read all the dangerous advice that some of these poor people in very real trouble are getting. I hope you will think a little more the next time you give someone advice that could ruin their life...

<----Rootin for a ban!!!

Did you look at his other posts? Hmmm, we should pay ca's, but its okay to get a free report from wk over and over again without paying, and dishonestly b.u.m.p. inqs off reports. Hm, lets see, he also has a PAID collection he can't get rid of, someone didn't learn their lessons.

I don't think it will take long for you to ban this one. From the looks of it, he has no use being here.

Did you look at his other posts? Hmmm, we should pay ca's, but its okay to get a free report from wk over and over again without paying, and dishonestly b.u.m.p. inqs off reports. Hm, lets see, he also has a PAID collection he can't

LMFAO- yeah, talk about double standards....and what in the world do you think "the priest" will say about stealing from wk??? HAHA, some people are just too funny..