Sign in to follow this  
Tooleman

highest score with bankrupcy

Has anyone here got there scores up high even with a bankrupcy on you report.. im hoping in the next 2 years to score in the 600's..

Has anyone here got there scores up high even with a bankrupcy on you report.. im hoping in the next 2 years to score in the 600's..

Yes!

Before I started my first round of disputes earlier this month, I had a BK-7 discharged in 1999; no lates in the last 2 years; probably less than 10 inquiries showing on each CRA report... and all 3 FAKO scores were above 600. A lenders tri-merge pull 5 months earlier showed scores just under 600. You CAN do it!

I have seen people in the high 600's with bankruptcy...

It depends on the status of the accounts when bankruptcy was entered. Like if you where late, in collections, or past charge off.. cause the later you wait the more the derogitory status on each account will drag the scores down. I have seen people with no lates what so ever - file bankruptcy and in 2 years after bankruptcy have high enough scores to get a good rate on mortgage loan!

Also time plays a roll, the older the information the less it is affecting your scores!

Bf did bk this year, he filed may 1, hit the reports for the most part within a week. His 341 was in june, and discharge papers came first of aug. His scores as far as we know are 592 (was 607 but some accounts dropped that were good and we will be over 600 in another week) 640 and 644. A year from now he should be close to 700's. I was able to add him to a year old cc of mine though, had no lates, and was able to get him a target card of his own two weeks after his 341 meeting.

If you really try hard enough, you can do this too.

BK in 1996 FICO's are EQ=609 EX=633 TU...who knows since they won't let me have it but before I started disputing with them it was 612.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here cuz I am just amazed myself.

I have been cleaning up my report since about Novemberish of 2001, and working on my (now) husband's at the same time. I was never very aggressive because, well, I got busy. Anyway, I looked through my notebook today to find the scores we started with and got fico-ized today and here is where we stand. (I had a bk discharged in July of 2001) also, the scores are not from the very beginning because I didn't even bother getting them until I really started.

Me

TU:613---------642 DH 604

EXP: 613-------665 601---618

EQX:564-------644 580-645

And I am not even done yet! My scores are higher than his though, and he had no bk...just very little credit and what he had was bad.

I had no idea they had gone up that much, and nothing is in dispute, so they shouldn't go back down.

BK7 filed 1/97, discharged 7/97.

FICO scores are:

ME - EQ = 711, EX = 718, TU = 709

DW - EQ = 660, EX = 698, TU = 690

BK discharged 8/2001

as of yesterday Sept 29

from MYFICO

TU = 668

EXP = 696

EQ I won't ever bother with until they stop showing all my IIB's as currently past due .

I was discharged mid August this year, my PG was 528. I'm waiting 90 days before I start the road to recovery. My PG score today is 545 and I have not done anything. Could I project mid 600's by next year?

Gosh, its awfully hard to predict. It depends alot on what have on your report and how well you use your credit now. I don't think anyone can make a blanket judgement on how high your score will be in a year. Make sure that you pay your bill ontime now, though, having no lates after the bk will definetly help your score and it will help potential creditors realize that you learned from your past.