sbc ohio?

melisadawn

I just pulled fiance wothknowing for bumping. I saw his score was no longer 20 but down to 15. Then checked inquiries. 1 fell off finally (been pulling since end July. No new inquiries.

THEN saw a collection account for SBC Ohio (it is listed under collections) for 333$ balance date 8-25-2003.

Ok I had an account removed from his EX awhile ago for risk management with this same exact balance. But the account # from risk management and this are totally different. On EX the earliest date on this is 10/1998.

Who are these people and what is SOL in Ohio for this? Do not want to pull CR for this 1 account until I fight it.

Also had ALL his NEGS removed from TU this summer so this 1 coming on ticking me off. (It was not on there previously)

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few days ago. I think this an old AMERITech phone bill. Ameritech was purchased by SBC...www.sbc.com. I am so pissed. I lived in IN five years ago and now this **** shows up...ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whew!!

Dispute it with TU first. Then wait for the outcome. If they verify then send a DV to SBC or whomever is listed on your report. FYI, on my EX it is listed under CFC financial LLC. You want to check your EX report also it may be on that one as well. Remember CHOD is around the corner and this could be a greattime to get some of these accounts removed.

• 2 months later...

Same thing here. I paid off all my debts and this open happen to pop up from SBC without warning with the notation "Client is unable to locate customer." I have asked for debt validation from CFC Financial aka Asset Asseptance (same company) and disputed the item will all 3 major credit bureaus. This sucks! Let me know if you guys had any luck removing this item from your report. The SOL is 6 years in MI and 4 years in my current state - GA. Please respond or e-mail directly if possible.

Did you opt out? I learned the hard way that you have to opt out before doing credit repair. Especially if you are paying off the debt! We paid almost 45K in 3 years. And boy did they come out of the woodwork until we opted out. I opted out early this year and only had one pop up since then, did a C&D (debt was out of SOL and no validation was produced) and poof they are gone now too.

Do a search for opt out!

Good luck

Mine verified through TU. We have heard nothing still from the company. I could not do CHOD because we moved last weekend. So all $$$ is going to moving and christmas.

He did not have his mail forwarded since his family moved into our old place. Will let you know of any updates

Melissa

I had them(CFC) removed from EX. They are still listed on EQ & TU. TRy filing a complaint with the BBB and FTC & The AG in their state. Remeber in most cases these debts are beyond SOL. We're still responsible but at least that is some ammo to have. I sent ITS letters and filed complaints with the BBB against Anderson Financial Network and they sent me a letter a few weeks ago stating that they have deleted it. It works but we have to be patient. :lol::wink:

• 1 month later...

UNBELIVEABLE ! I have been in contact with the MI attorney general for 3 months concerning CFC I have A TON of info on how to deal with CFC they bought 4 c/off accounts from SBC formerly AMERITECH from back in 2000 for me and put them all on EQ however I was dealing with thier Cleveland branch at first but I quickly was in tune with thier corporate offices in Royal Oak ,MI. they broke so many laws I could go on for an hour and they were hard to budge at first but when I made a online complaint to the MI. Attorney General that was the beginning of them eventually giving 4 complete deletions in about 30 days time and they sold it back to SBC all documented in writing. Mike Cox the Attorney General in Michigan is No Joke! His office was on top of every letter I sent. but i would be happy to help in anyway email : billymack@adelphia.net

Mike Cox the Attorney General in Michigan is No Joke! His office was on top of every letter I sent. but i would be happy to help in anyway email : billymack@adelphia.net

I have to agree. Our AG's office has made tremendous advancements with regard to consumer protection.

You also have to keep in mind that letters from an AG’s office are not opened by the same incompetent staff that gives you the run-around when you call with a problem. :wink:

You are correct because the Attorney General's office sent me copies of each of the various reponses by CFC regarding my complaints and they all were from signed by Micheal Beach, Corporate Counsel, CFC Financial LLC, A Debt Collection Company