Some SOL/Other Questions!

rjc311

Hi everyone. I have some questions. Most of my debt was accrued when I lived in Florida but now I live in Connecticut. I assume that I must go by the SOL of the state I currently live in, right?

Also, If a charge-off is over 7 years old and is no longer on my credit report, and I get a letter from someone saying they bought my account and want to collect on it, then how do I check the SOL if it is no longer on my credit report??

I'm really new to this site but I have read a lot in 2 days. I already got copies of my report from the big 3 (TU--557, EX--?, EQ--540) and did online disputes for about 5 of my 8 accounts with each agency (sorry, still learning the abbreviations). Am I off to a good start?

Hi everyone. I have some questions. Most of my debt was accrued when I lived in Florida but now I live in Connecticut. I assume that I must go by the SOL of the state I currently live in, right?

It would be the state that has the longest sol. In your case it would be 6 years under connecticut sol for open contracts. It is said they can pick which state they want (then one you applied in or the one you live in) and sue unser that sol.

Also, If a charge-off is over 7 years old and is no longer on my credit report, and I get a letter from someone saying they bought my account and want to collect on it, then how do I check the SOL if it is no longer on my credit report??

You send them an sol letter with your state statutes listed on it. You can find the SOL letter at my site.

I'm really new to this site but I have read a lot in 2 days. I already got copies of my report from the big 3 (TU--557, EX--?, EQ--540) and did online disputes for about 5 of my 8 accounts with each agency (sorry, still learning the abbreviations). Am I off to a good start?

Welcome to the board. You are off to a good start. What you want to do though is make sure all your old addresses or names and personal info is deleted off your reports. Good luck and make sure to keep records and send anything in the mail by crrr mail and keep the greencards for you records also.

Thanks for the info...but here's the deal. I received a letter from Capital One saying that they had an arrangement with NCO (the CA) to "allow" me to have a credit card and pay off my account with NCO without paying the interest and fees and then when it was all paid off I would still have the captial one card with a $400 limit. The thing is, I'm 99% sure this is past the SOL for CT (6Yrs) but since this charge-off from the OC is no longer on my credit report, I don't have the actual date to use in a SOL letter. Am I making sense? Sorry if I am confusing everyone! It seems that I have a couple of CA's trying to get money out of me for old charge-offs that are no longer on my credit report so I don't have dates to use for SOL letters. But, again, I am virtually positive that they are more than 6 years old...

Thanks again for your help. I am sure I will be asking more questions as I become more familiar with this whole process! TYTYTY

~Rob

Please tell me you did not take that credit card? Capital one is doing this to a lot of people right now. Glad you read the fine print. The debt is past sol, send sol letter with a c&d in it. Tell them to take a flying leap off the nearest cliff.

As for the dates for the letter, do you have an old report or statement that showed your last charge or payment dates?

8) NCO is a CA, what was the dola on the original acct :?: Have you been paying NCO :?: NCO buys old debts as well so chances are you would not need this. Check with:

www.edcombs.com

He is interested in all cap1 credit card proposals to re-age accts. Also, goto www.lawdawgs.com and goto debt collectors and check out the banking commissioner's site for licensed collectors and see if cap1 is licensed. :twisted: What is the interest rate :?: Ct. has its own TILA laws :!: see if this complies with our TILA laws :!:

Hey Sis...NO, I didn't take that card. They have sent me 3 letters to try to get me to do it...2 of which arrived on the same day! The funny thing is that I have a charged off Capital One card and they are trying to get me to do this with NCO...strange. By the way, I have never received anything directly from NCO about this account either...although their phone number is on the paperwork from Cap1.

I don't think I have an old copy of my credit report :( So what should I do about SOL dates??

Nativechild--The dollar amt that they want (not including fees and interest) is around $900. No, I have never paid them a dime because they have never contacted me directly. Also, this account was charged off (MBNA card) about 8 years ago....I just don't have proof of the actual dates for SOL letter! Ugh!

Oh yeah, what is the deal about waiting until the holidays to do stuff with the credit agencies? Do they get into the holiday spirit or something? :?:

Its not on your current report, so you can't get it from that either. You don't have one report with this on it all? All you can do is go back and guess when you last paid it. Or, you can delete that line off the letter.

GOOD JOB on not taking that card. Biggest scam I ever saw.