question about repair 101

azoomzip

am i missing something or is there a list of things that are helping/ hurting your fico score.

several account supposed to be closed listed as open- high limit- no balance- positive history. is this good or bad? should i challenge these as closed or as not mine- or keep some of them open.

several old accounts shown as closed- does this help or hurt?

what if i have 10 like this?

how old do derogatory accounts have to be in order for it to be worth challenging. i assume fresh- 1 year old accounts- will more than likely come back verified- am i correct?

please reply directly or leave me a link to a list of what is good and bad for reports. thanks

am i missing something or is there a list of things that are helping/ hurting your fico score.

several account supposed to be closed listed as open- high limit- no balance- positive history. is this good or bad? should i challenge these as closed or as not mine- or keep some of them open.

several old accounts shown as closed- does this help or hurt?

what if i have 10 like this?

how old do derogatory accounts have to be in order for it to be worth challenging. i assume fresh- 1 year old accounts- will more than likely come back verified- am i correct?

please reply directly or leave me a link to a list of what is good and bad for reports. thanks

Paid as agreed open or closed accounts are good, you don't want to dispute these off of your credit report. It is history and that is always a good thing of your past accomplishments.

You may want the ones that are truely closed to be updated properly - or at the very least confirm with the creditor that the account is in fact closed. Because it is a open gap for identity theft, if it is in fact still open and unattented by you to keep an eye on. So just be sure to call and verify that it is closed.

There are multiple things contributing to the credit scores, here is an article which I put together covering a lot on the factors contributing to credit scores. Hope this helps you get some ideas of what you have and what can be improved on.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=301

The newer the account, yes - the easier that it may be verified. But it is still worth a try. Just understand there are difference here and you may not want to dispute certain accounts depending on your situation.

If it is paid / negative reporting - then by all means go at it on the disputes.

If it has a balance with negative reporting like collection / or charge off. Then the important question is if you have the means to pay on these accounts (just in case, will explain later).

If the answer is yes, then start out disputing for deletion. You may wake up a collection agency though - to start collection efforts. And then you would run with debt validation here. You may be fortunate that they can't and thus return account to creditor.

But just on the off chance that they can validate properly - the if you know you are still within the SOL - this is usually the time to change gears and consider negotiating for settlment on the account. And see at the same time that you can get their agreement to remove the listing from your credit report.

If you don't have the means to pay, then what I usually suggest is not to engage disputing or debt validation. Because if you are in the SOL, you run the risk of them filing for judgment. And that will further hurt your credit if you can't pay. Usually in this case I really think it best to leave this account alone until you know for a fact that the SOL has expired and that you are out of their reach on legal action.

So - with that said - you have options here on what can be accomplished.

thanks immensely for all of that clarification- that makes alot of other things make alot more sense. all of my accounts are either old and never removed for whatever reason or included in a bk, or open post bk, so i am not afraid of any collection. thanks again for all of the help