House hunting update - WE DID IT!!!!

almost_there

Well ladies and gentleman, after being stuck on a fixer upper in the country for about the past 2 months, today DH and I found a neat, clean, needs no work, 4 BR, 2 BA house on a large lot and in our price range. We LOVE it! If I had my financing squared away, we'd be doing a PA within the next couple of days. The realtor that we are working with now, my brother's realtor btw, gave us the name and number of a guy that he said can "pull rabbits out of the hat all the time."

Our credit should be absolutely awesome within the month, with things rolling off in Nov, our judgments all paid, and we got a credit limit increase on our Household card in conjunction with making $300 worth of payments to them and Cap 1. Our utilization is down to about 40% before the $100 increase. With CHOD right around the corner, I expect more deletions, too. Maybe not in time for us to get our house, but who knows. At this point, I think I have done about all we can. I have an attorney working on 1 CA. My student loans are current and I am hoping if I don't get it fixed in time, the lender can verify it.

We're filling out an app for this guy tonight, DH will drop it off tomorrow. The house we want now should pass VA, no problem. All we need is DH's DD214 and we'll be ready to roll. I am SO excited. And so relieved. As much as we like the potential of our first choice, moving into a house that is totally ready to be lived in would be great and would also free us up to worry about moving on with other endeavors, like adoption or starting a family of our own. AWESOME!

I feel really good about this. :p

Here it is, hopefully soon to be the home of Mr and Mrs Almost_there,

http://prudentialpladson.com/searchSCAAR/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=40274&npp=1000&sr=1&return_link=favorites

Well, we made an offer today!!! :BigDance: We went with the mortgage man suggested by our realtor and he said "we should be able to get you in there within the next 30 days!! So we made an offer. We are going with DH as the borrower only, since his scores are so much better than mine, his middle score is now 622. Up from the scores we saw on the 9th of this month. There are only 2 skeletons in DH's closet right now credit wise. GMAC(scheduled to roll off next month) and Portfolio Recovery(CA for Discover) Both are SOL. Mortgage guy said that if he can see they are old accounts with no activity for the past couple years that he could possibly over look them. If the seller pays closing costs like we asked, our estimated closing costs are $221! Subtract that from our $300 earnest money and we may walk away with $80 to put back in the bank ;)

I can't even begin to tell you all how excited I am! In fact, I keep getting teary eyed thinking about it. We've come so far and we are so close. Soon I will no longer be almost there, I will be there.

WE GOT IT!!!!! :BigDance::BigDance::BigDance:

Found out this morning, they countered with asking for $1000 more, but we can do that. We are out of town this weekend, at our parents, but we'll initial the paper work Monday night when we get home. I'll be talking to the lender on Tuesday, first chance I get, providing him with the documentation that we paid our judgments and stuff. OMG, I feel like singing "It's Begining to Look Alot like Christmas" LOL I am SO EXCITED I can't even tell you!!!!!

All we need now is a smooth closing process and we'll be home free, literally ;)

Sorry I just need to scream one more time AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OK I feel better now, been doing lots of screaming this morning. Happy, excited screaming.

If I could I would be jumping around this board, hugging everyone in sight, thanking you all for your help and positive energy and prayers. I'll never forget how much you all have meant to me and helped me get beyond my credit woes. I still have a little work to do in that department, but the end is in sight. In fact, I remember dreaming last night that I had a clean credit report LOL! :lol:

My heart is so full of joy and gratitude today and that feels so wonderful. I know there is only one thing that will top this, well 2 things, getting the keys to our new house and adding to our family. Having a house will be a HUGE step towards that. And now if I say anymore, I will probably be crying, so I'm going to go now. I'll talk to everyone soon, I promise :)

Almost, I am just so happy for you and DH. Someone told me a few months back that if I wanted a home of my own, I had to pray for someone else to get their home. I have prayed for you and a neighbor for weeks now. My neighbor got word that her sister is giving her property in Mississippi to put a mobile home on. She is so happy about this. And now this with you. Maybe, just maybe everything will work out for me and bf and our kids with our mortgage. We are still waiting to hear from the underwritter.

You so deserve this, you so do. I don't really know you know you, but I even was looking for a way to call Oprah or Montel and see if they would help you get a house. I know that sounds corny, but thats how much I want to see this happen for you.

I know your going to make the best mom in the world. I hope we can exchange mail addresses in private so that we may send xmas cards and such back and fourth one day to each other.

Congrats again to you, I can't wait to hear about you getting the keys and moving in. This is so exciting.

<||8)xbeer2):party::BigDance:xdazzlexxguitarx:D

Sorry it took me awhile to reply, was at my home town this weekend and was so busy that the only time I had free time was when I was sleeping LOL I am back home now and getting back into my groove. I initialed the purchase agreement counter offer this afternoon. Right now, our closing is set for Nov. 26th (the day before Thanksgiving.) I can't wait!

Almost, I am just so happy for you and DH. Someone told me a few months back that if I wanted a home of my own, I had to pray for someone else to get their home. I have prayed for you and a neighbor for weeks now. My neighbor got word that her sister is giving her property in Mississippi to put a mobile home on. She is so happy about this. And now this with you. Maybe, just maybe everything will work out for me and bf and our kids with our mortgage. We are still waiting to hear from the underwritter.

I will pray that you get yours, too!

You so deserve this, you so do. I don't really know you know you, but I even was looking for a way to call Oprah or Montel and see if they would help you get a house. I know that sounds corny, but thats how much I want to see this happen for you.

Awwww! That's SO sweet of you. As much as I would've appreciated the help, there are probably people that need the help more than me, but thank you for the thought :)

I know your going to make the best mom in the world. I hope we can exchange mail addresses in private so that we may send xmas cards and such back and fourth one day to each other.

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence! And I hope you're right when I get the chance to put it to the test. I would love to exchange addresses and Xmas cards! I'll get it to you after the move.

Thanks for you prayers as well. And dont worry about the time frame for getting back to me. We are both very busy right now.

Everything seems to be going good for us, knock on wood!! All final paperwork went to underwritter yesterday, so we should have a final word this week. I will let you know when I hear from them.

I know there are people that "need" help more than you or me or half the people in the world. To me its about who also "deserves" the kind of help Oprah can give. You do deserve that help.

Talk with you later.

Sis