medical collection settlement

matt2402

Hi,

I just negotiated a settlement on a medical colllection. The account is listed on my CR for the OC for $1,325. I settled for a lump sum payment of $700. So, I'm pleased about that.

But, they said they'd be willing to take it off my CR, but they can't because it was put on there by a CA. They said that they don't work with that CA anymore, so they can't get it deleted. I don't want this shown as a paid collection, or a settlement...I want it deleted.

Any advice? The collection is listed as the OC, not a CA.

Thanks

Talk to whoever at the OC would respond to verification requests, and tell them that since they're willing to delete, you'll just dispute it and when they get the verification request, they put it in the circular file and that should be the end of that.

If the CA should get the request, they'll need to confirm with the OC, who can then simply decline to give them any confirmation.

Thanks!

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to dispute for deletion. The OC is willing to delete, so if they get the call they will say it's good to delete. If the CA gets the call, they won't be able to verify with the OC...so I should be in good shape.

Thanks a lot.