Sign in to follow this  

Nobody should pay CA

Afterall OC couldn't get any money from you.

OC took a risk by loaning money to me. It is just a loss for them.

7 years of bad credit is enough punishment, IMO.

1. Statistically, CAs have a pretty good set of numbers as far as collection rates. The CAs that have been around for a long time make some pretty good profits.

2. You have to be realistic. CAs are collecting money that you owe. A few are legit and go by the book. All CAs aren't bad guys. A person overspends, refuses to pay-now who's fault is it really?

The one with the credit card that uses it, gets the merchandise, and doesn't pay for it is stealing.

I take responsibility for my past actions.

1. Statistically, CAs have a pretty good set of numbers as far as collection rates. The CAs that have been around for a long time make some pretty good profits.

Yeah, CA's have good collection rates -- so what? That's because most consumers don't know their rights -- not because CA's are "skilled" or "gifted" at what they do (except for maybe breaking or "stretching" the law). I'd be willing to bet that the CA's with excellent collection rates are also more than likely to be the ones who are skilled and gifted at sidestepping the law at every opportunity. Last time I checked, collections was the FTC's most complained about industry. Hmmm, I wonder why..

2. You have to be realistic. CAs are collecting money that you owe.

Perhaps, but until they actually PROVE it, they don't get squat...PERIOD. CA's want to threaten and sue people without actually having to prove that they're owed the money. Please, let's keep it fair.

The one with the credit card that uses it, gets the merchandise, and doesn't pay for it is stealing.

If that was your intent when you originally signed the contract, then you're right -- you're a crook. But what about the millions of individuals who ran into a bad patch of luck or a job layoff or a medical situation and who defaulted (reluctantly) on their CC accounts? Are they theives too?

Collection Agency success rate is aproximately 16% on the dollar which isn't bad given some debt is purchased for a few cents on the dollar.