Sign in to follow this  
cybercrusader

CA purchases account and inserts new dates in CR

Just when I had my CR all nice and just about spiffy, the clowns at this certain CA list an old (beyond SOL) debt I had back on my TU report -- with new dates, no less. Example: Opened in 8/98 and closed in 6/03 (the date these miscreants probably purchased the account).

To add some real comedy to the situation, the OC marks their listing as PAID OFF. WTF??

Somebody please refresh my memory; how do I get these obvious erroneous listings off my CR -- aside from showing up at their offices with a chainsaw. :twisted:

PS. - yes, I asked for validation and got a signed contract, but no details.

Even though I'm mad at you, I'll help you out. Did you get a reinsertion notice from the CRA? They have to notify you within 5 business

days of the reinsertion.

Even though I'm mad at you, I'll help you out.

Awww, how sweet. I missed you too. Let me guess.....you started smoking again??

I never got anything except maybe high blood pressure when I first saw this stupid entry on my CR. I've been battling with the CRA and OC about the original listing for a while. Actually I mispoke, the CA's entry is new. It's never appeared on my CR until recently. So now I have two listings (one from the OC and one from the CA) for the same debt, only the dates are completely different and the OC's entry is now marked as PAID.

By the way...the way I see it.....you owe me.

Awww, how sweet. I missed you too. Let me guess.....you started smoking again??

Hmpf- how'd you know..... :oops: So what's your explanation??

I never got anything except maybe high blood pressure when I first saw this stupid entry on my CR. I've been battling with the CRA and OC about the original listing for a while. Actually I mispoke, the CA's entry is new. It's never appeared on my CR until recently. So now I have two listings (one from the OC and one from the CA) for the same debt, only the dates are completely different and the OC's entry is now marked as PAID.

You're gonna have to deal with it all over then. Did you get a letter from them with your mini-miranda? You should be within the initial 30 days on this one so you need to DV them quickly.

By the way...the way I see it.....you owe me.

I owe you? How do you figure? :?

Hmpf- how'd you know..... :oops: So what's your explanation??

Been there....done that. Like I said, I tried to quit 100 times before I actually did it.

You're gonna have to deal with it all over then. Did you get a letter from them with your mini-miranda? You should be within the initial 30 days on this one so you need to DV them quickly.

I already DV'd them and got a signed contract but no details as to the amount. In fact, the amount on my CR is double the amount of the charge off. Yes, got the miranda.

Is this CA entry supposed to stay on my CR for another 7 years??? I don't think so!!! Per the OC the DOLA is 6/98. What do I do about this? What's the story with the OC marking the entry as PAID? Is this the same as a paid collection?

I owe you? How do you figure? :?

Do you want to know how to make payment or not? And please tell me why you're mad -- I'm just DYING to know. :shock:

Been there....done that. Like I said, I tried to quit 100 times before I actually did it.

One day my friend...one day...

I already DV'd them and got a signed contract but no details as to the amount. In fact, the amount on my CR is double the amount of the charge off. Yes, got the miranda.

That's not complete validation but you know that. Send another letter stating that, check if they're licensed (does your state require that?) Track the letter, when they sign for it, dispute with the CRA. They can't respond to the CRA without a notice of your dispute. Which CA is it?

Is this CA entry supposed to stay on my CR for another 7 years??? I don't think so!!! Per the OC the DOLA is 6/98. What do I do about this? What's the story with the OC marking the entry as PAID? Is this the same as a paid collection?

NO, the CA cannot outlive the OC, check the link on 7 year reporting in the Resources forum. The "Open date" is most likely the transfer date. TU dosen't list the date for the 7 years so you'll have to call them and ask.

Do you want to know how to make payment or not? And please tell me why you're mad -- I'm just DYING to know.

Sure, let me know ;) Dude, you've been MIA for how long? :( I had to get another roomie for Vegas cause I thought you abandoned me...

That's not complete validation but you know that. Send another letter stating that, check if they're licensed (does your state require that?) Track the letter, when they sign for it, dispute with the CRA. They can't respond to the CRA without a notice of your dispute. Which CA is it?

It's Calvary. I just found out that they actually purchased it nearly three years ago!!! So what you're saying is send them another validation letter (for the amount) and dispute it again with TU simultaneously?

NO, the CA cannot outlive the OC, check the link on 7 year reporting in the Resources forum. The "Open date" is most likely the transfer date. TU dosen't list the date for the 7 years so you'll have to call them and ask.

That's good news. What's the story about marking the original entry as PAID? Any impact on my CR?

Sure, let me know ;) Dude, you've been MIA for how long? :( I had to get another roomie for Vegas cause I thought you abandoned me...

I've been super busy launching a new biz. I can't make it to Vegas anyway, but I'll let you know when I make it to Florida (I got lots of family and connections down there :wink: ). You can pay me then.