Pre-Approved American Express Cards!!

:lol::D About 20 years ago, DH and I made the mistake of filing a BK - wish we had never done it. We had an American Express card included in that BK with a low balance of a few hundred dollars! We have tried over the years to get a new account with them and they, of course, have turned us down EVERY time! :cry:

My scores are in the low 600s with only 1 account showing some late pays 2 years ago - I wouldn't even think of applying for AmEx with these scores now. They sent me not one but TWO letters saying I am pre-approved for their card, the green account for personal and the gold account for business! :o

I went online and typed in the approval code and it really is PRE-APPROVED!!!!! I'll receive the green card in 7 - 10 days. VICTORY!!!! My prayers are answered. We travel a lot and have needed this card many times.

So, be encouraged today! This site rocks! You really can climb up out of the hole to the mountaintop!!!! :D:D

It's been a long climb back...but we are having some major victories. I have had a Mastercard for about 14 years, then I started with a Visa and some department store cards a year ago. I try to pay quite a bit on the cards each month, charge more, pay more and it has helped. Hang in there, hard work pays off!

:)% Good for you, but the green card has to be paid in full before your next statement, it is a charge card that earns double points. It is not a revolving CC, and it takes about a year before you can extend any major purchase over 200.00. Be careful to pay the balance in full each month.

Good luck,

native