Merrick Bank wants me to settle. Help Admin and others

credithound

After disputing them all year the CRA's have triggered Merrick bank to respond to my dispute. Merrick has charged off an account two years ago. The debt was $330.00 and this account was bought from NextCard. However, I am disputing the amounts and now I have a settlement from Merrick. Give us $113.00 and we will report account as "settled"

Isn't "settled" worse than charge off? Doesn't it reage the account for another seven years?

What should I negotiate?

After disputing them all year the CRA's have triggered Merrick bank to respond to my dispute. Merrick has charged off an account two years ago. The debt was $330.00 and this account was bought from NextCard. However, I am disputing the amounts and now I have a settlement from Merrick. Give us $113.00 and we will report account as "settled"

Isn't "settled" worse than charge off? Doesn't it reage the account for another seven years?

What should I negotiate?

IMHO

Negoiate for deletion, even if you have to pay 333.00

You will easily save 330-113 = $217 dollars in interest for any type of new credit you recieve within the next 7 years. Actually, depending on your situation you will probably save possibly tens of thousands of dollars if you need a mortgage within next 7 years.

Bottom line, Get it off your report. Continue negoiation.