FCRA doesn't apply to EQ?

albatross

I just got off the phone with EQ. I was questioning an entry on my CR that is obviously incorrect. A CC company has apparently noted that my acct. was 90-119 days past due the same month that I opeded the account. The entry is: date acct. opened 8/1997, and under account history status codes it says that I was a "4" in 8/1997. I was a 3 in 9/1997 and a 2 in 10/1997. A "4" is 90-119 days past due. No how could this be possible? Anyone with just a little common sense can figure that out.

So I spoke with the Rep. and he said it didn't make sense but they would have to investigate it through a dispute and they would get back to me, so I asked to speak with the Supervisor and she said the same thing. This is even after mentioning that this is blatant disregard for the FCRA. I told them to not investigate it because I don't have 30 days to get this worked out. I want it done TODAY. She reiterated that she can't remove anything without verifiing with the OC.

Do I have a case based on negligant non-compliance of the FCRA against EQ? My plan is to send them a letter stating that if they don't remove w/in 10 days, then I am going to sue them for non-compliance. I will also send them a copy of the entry in my CR. My request was to remove the payment history from this tradeline. Is that too much to ask?

An ITS may be the route but I bet if you call them, they have no record of you even calling them if you asked them to do nothing. A judge will also expect you to see that you tried to settle the dispute before it go to him.

I would send the dispute CMRRR. They do have 30 days to fix. I bet it gets fixed fairly quickly. You give to much credit to the drones at EQ. They only do what the data tells them to. Obviously it is wrong. If they do nothing, then you do have a better grounds for a suit. As far as getting things done ASAP, your in the same boat as the rest of us.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.