good student loan not reporting...

matt2402

I realized that a student loan that I have that has never been late has not been updated on EX since 2000! Its been updated on EQ and TU.

I called the loan company today and they apologized and said they would immediately notify EX.

My TU is 27 points higher than my EX...and this is the only real difference. I'm hoping this might boost my EX a little.

Should I dispute the status with EX or should I just wait for the company to update? i don't want to risk losing the TL since its a good one.

THANKS!!

I'd wait for the update to take place. It could very well be that your student loan company stopped being a paying a subscriber in 2000 which is why is hasn't updated since, or it could be a simple clerical error on their part.

The updates can take as long as 90 days to go through, so you want to stay on top of this and call them to see when it took place.