Filing a motion to vacate from another state ...

I am also in simular situation as moblind . just found out this year there was a judement on my credit -- i moved to Az stayed about 4 mos at my brothers then about 7 mos at the apt complex ..was struggling money wise and was offer a job in another state. I gave proper notice (verbal then written which included my forwarding address ), paid up and moved . had not idea until now they served after i moved.. Az "SOL" is 5 yrs and has since run out ... i found motion to vacate form online for AZ to file, I need to file so i can have it removed off my credit if the judge' is in my favor . I am back in my home state and wondered how that wld effect this motion once i faxed it in meaning i cant go in person. I have called the apt comlex no records of me, called the atty they used to filed the judgement and they dont keep records after 5 yrs ... so the judement is on my credit til 5/2005. Any advise ?

I didn't even have to show up. A motion to vacate does not need to have you personally present. I was living in SC and mailed CMRR my motion to the CO court and stated that copies were mailed to the OC and the OC's atty.

About 1 month later, I received a copy of what I sent with "Granted - Judge Jane Doe" across the bottom. :)