DV question did i do the right thing?

i requested DV from the orignal creditor. they sent it to law firm without validating. the law firm sent a collection letter 48 days after the request from the original creditor. i sent the same letters to the law firm that i sent to original creditor with copies of return receipts and default letter with the same. the law firm 28 days sent me 15 statement 10 of which did not have original creditors letter head, just blank and 5 with different name of creditors name and one with. what would you do next? I hope i did the right thing, i sent a fax stating the violations and told them i was sending them back their erronous presentment because that is not what i asked for. Hope i did the right thing

People get the DV process confused between the OC and the colleciton agency all the time, you are in good company. Typically, DV is only for collection agencies when you are trying to prevent further collection activities.

With that said. Just because you asked the OC for proof of the debt and they just sent the debt to a collection agency doesn't mean they did anything wrong. I would just send a DV letter to the law firm which is now acting as the collection agency.

You PMd....

My question to you is i faxed the law firm back a letter letting them know i would not except their presentment because it did not send me any thing but statements, which 10 of them did'nt even have MBNA name on them they were just blank at the top and a lot of billing information on the botton titled 'Customer information system" and about 4 pages included in the 10 that said no customer informtion.the other 5 had labled Central Carolina Bank then said send check to Bankcard Services which is in the body of the 5 statements!showing credits? now mind you this is Wolpolk and abramson LLP for MBNA for the same accounts. They have acknowledged they received the validation letter via MBNA? and called themselves validating the debt with these statements. I will by the way send them the letter certified but i faxed my cease and desist and letting them know i did not ask for that informtion that i asked for a copy of front and back of contract barring my signature. so what should i expect from here i have done this before but waited for it to go to collection agency first i was told by a attorney that the debt validation that i sent to the OC's were fine but he does not specialize in this area. it was three pages letter that said notice to the princible etc. and specifically stated i am not requesting for statements or that you have my name and address but, verifiable evidence "see definition of verify in the fifth edition dictionary. for verify"What do you think?