What is re-aging?

• 2 weeks later...

I too am curious on re-aging. I have my credit report from November 2002 and one from today December 26 2003. Theres a credit card that had the date changed within the past year with absolutely no activity whatsoever? This Bank which issued the cc backk in 1994 decided in 2000 to put a lien on my bass boat for the unpaid balance of $1100 + charges etc. Problem was that the statute of limitations in NY is 6 years and it was according to last activity, already expired when they filed the lien and sent the sherriff? now today I see that the date changed to a more recent date that would put me under the statute of limitations by another 2 years? Do I write the bank and ask what activity changed the date of last activity?

I was under the impression this was blatently illegal to re-date these? :cry:

Date of last activity = last payment or last charge BY YOU, NOT the last time Crap1 tacked on fees. The CO date will determine the 7 year reporting period.

FYI - this is a common tactic by Crap1. They are flipping the bird at the FCRA with this behavior but until someone (or many someones) take them to court over it, they will continue to do it. Lots of threads on creditboards on this exact subject.