Sign in to follow this  
garddawg

Jewelry stores

I'm not a jewelry person. I got approved for a Kay's card and so I thought about applying for other jewlery stores so that I can lower my utilization.

Anyone know who companies such as Zales or Friedmans go thru? Are they very hard to get?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

I have a Zales card.

It is serviced by Citibank.

However, one thing to watch out for is that they can cut a deal about increasing your credit limit if you put money down on a purchase to what your credit limit was originally set.

My credit limit was set to 600. I put 600 clams down for a purchase of like 2300. And I made my monthly payments.

However, my credit limit was still at 600 and that is how it was reported to the CRAs.

I got bent over and got the chorizo.

It took so long before I was able to get my balance back down below 600. And Citibank/Zales wouldn't do jack about it except for asking if I was interesting in requesting a credit limit increase.

friedman jewlers pulled trans union for my wife in florida, very easy approval. she was approved with a very recent discharged chapter 7 bk. was turned down by kays the same day.

friedman jewlers pulled trans union for my wife in florida, very easy approval. she was approved with a very recent discharged chapter 7 bk. was turned down by kays the same day.

Ook, so how recent was the BK so I can add them to the BK friendly list? Thanks!

yes it was with one open collection that from 1997 showing that should have been iibk but was reporting incorrectly

np anytime nanac as helpful as you been and everyone on the board I sure will pass along any info I know about