Sign in to follow this  
SSGRanger

Selling Unvalidated accounts

OK, I dont know if anyone else has run across this problem before, but hopefully someone will have some advice:

I had an MBNA account that my ex-wife ran way past the limit, without ever asking for a credit increase. I am disabled and on a fixed income so after 6 years on MBNA's "Reduced payment" plan without the balance going down a penny (and being constantly disputed), I sent them a letter saying that unless they could show where a limit increase was requested and having paid 6,000 on a 2,000 limit card, I was considering the debt paid in full.

Didnt hear a thing from MBNA after that.

Then I started getting calls (averaged 3 per day) from Encore. I told them the situation and faxed them the letter to MBNA...did no good. I sent a DV letter and Cease and Desist based on harassment, boom, stopped hearing from them.

6 months later I get a call from a new company who say they bought the debt from Encore...I told them the situation, faxed copied of the DV, Dispute and CD letters (with the return reciept from the mailing). I also told them they needed to get back whatever they paid Encore, since Encore KNEW they couldnt validate the debt and sold it anyway.

Never heard from them again.

Last week, I get a call from ANOTHER company who has bought the debt...I told them the situation and havent heard from them again (Yet). Any ideas on how I can get these twits to stop selling the unvalidated debt to each other, or do I even need to worry? Will this keep showing up on my CR every time they sell it to someone new?

Any ideas on how I can get these twits to stop selling the unvalidated debt to each other, or do I even need to worry? Will this keep showing up on my CR every time they sell it to someone new?

I don't think you'll be able to stop them from selling the debt. That would be like telling a vulture not to eat roadkill. Besides, I actually think that the more a debt gets sold, the less chance it has of being validated. As far as I'm concerned they could keep selling it until the SOL runs out, if it hasn't already.

As far as your CR, have you checked it recently? It may just show up as MBNA and that's it. I had an account with MBNA and it was the only listing ever put on my CR.