Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Juris

Pierce, Hamilton & Stern - M O R O N S

So, I disputed a debt with PHS and asked for validation. They sent me the contract, and it doesn't have my name or signature on it, yet they refuse to delete.

Anyone else have any experience with these guys? I'm getting ready to sue, of course, and am curious if I'll be the first here to deal with them.

They're not licensed in my state, but they haven't actually sent me anything in a LONG time - it's just still on my credit report.

I filed my suit last week, and they should be getting served in the next day or so. I'm hoping they're stupid enough to either countersue, or to send a collection letter.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out. :)

I have a case pending on them too...for an expired SOL CA

Does anyone know if they're registered in the state of Texas?

Also, they said since I own a house have a verifiable income, that if I don't pay, they can refer me to their legal division.

1.) Can they take my house?

2.) What is their financial recourse ability?

3.)Is it OK for them to run my credit without my approval? The lady said that they could to pursue a debt. They had already ran it before they contacted me letting me know how much I owe.

Please help, I'm in the middle of getting married, my credit is finally getting solid and this is about the last thing I need.

I appreciate the help,

Grant // inslyx@gmail.com

1.) Can they take my house?

No, TX has a 100% homestead exemption.

2.) What is their financial recourse ability?

TX is VERY debtor-friendly. They can't garnish wages, but they can sieze your bank account and any other non-exempt assets you may have.

3.)Is it OK for them to run my credit without my approval?

A collection is permissable purpose, your consent is NOT required or needed.

They are beyond morons. They are, as we pronounce it in the South, moe-rons.

First, I request validation on a debt I don't owe. They send me paperwork that has nothing to do with the validation, only a contract that doesn't apply to the situation and a copy of my request for the validation. Their letter says it is a "verification". Their letter also has the Mini Miranda, so it is a debt collection attempt. However, instead of using a non-descript envelop they send it to me in a sales and marketing type envelop with their corporate slogan on it "The Collectors".

Have they never heard about third party communication?

I mailed my intent to sue for a $1000 for the third party violation and a gentle reminder that their "verification" was not a validation.

They're a bunch of idiots. I got them off my reports, but plan on suing in the future. It's not difficult to get them on violations.