Sign in to follow this  
glarco

suppressed pending credit grantor update

An item I have been disputing shows THE FOLLOWING ITEM IS SUPPRESSED PENDING CREDIT GRANTOR UPDATE. What does this mean. I think I read somewhere that is doesn't effect your credit score but is still on your report. This is a collection tradeline I had DV'd and then disputed with the CRA.

When something is suppressed, it's not being shown to people who pull your credit - just you. The CA is probably doing research on your account or trying to get all the info needed to respond to your DV.

There may be more to that though...anyone else?

I am having the same thing show up on one of my student loans for some weird reason. It is only listed this way on one of my credit reports (not sur ewhich company... perhaps TU).

I disputed a collection account that I DV'd. It came back verified. But also the tradeline was being 'suppressed pending credit grantor update'. and showing last updated on 6/2000. Isn't the CRA supposed to contact the CA and then if verified update the tradeline?

I am having the same thing show up on one of my student loans for some weird reason. It is only listed this way on one of my credit reports (not sur ewhich company... perhaps TU).

Sallie Mae is only reporting to EQ right now, but TU is eternally hopeful they'll regain that lucrative contract, so they've only suppressed the TLs instead of deleting them (which is what EXP seems to have done.)

I got rid of my suppressed Sallie Mae TL's by writing a letter stating that they've been waiting for that update for over a year, it's obvious SM isn't going to update because everyone knows that SM is no longer reporting to TU.

;)

Good example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. TU verified one of my tradelines with the suppressed waiting update notation. TU is required to update when they verify. They didnt even follow their own procedures, so I sent them a ITS.

Correct me if I am wrong, Sallie mae is no longer reporting to all three cra's, only Equifax?

When did this happen? Why?

Sorry about all the questions, i'm new to this site and am learning alot.

Thanks,

AZ :?