Sign in to follow this  
Brillianthoney

NanaC is the best; heads up all FL residents

Arrow Financial Services LLC (Illinois) license expired Dec 31, 2003 also.

Hi guy's,

When I called the DoFS last week they told me that Arrow Financial Services expires Dec. 31, 2004. They must have renewed. :(

Hello all. I just want to apologize for posting erroneous information about Asset Acceptance, Risk Management Alternatives, Arrow Financial Services LLC, and CFC Financial LLC. Apparently the State of Florida was negligent in keeping its website up to date. All of the above agencies are licensed through 12/31/04 and this change is now showing on the website.

Remember to call and verify the info you find on the websites and wait for the letter with the gold seal. I've learned my lesson well.

My disputes have just come back. On all 3 CRA's, Arrow Financial has dropped off!!! I bet it has to do everybody calling them on their expired license. Thanks NanaC.

Excellent news!!! :) I'm so glad..

What about Midland? Give me the details..:)

Sorry, I've been gone...proud new grandmother here to second beautiful bouncing baby boy! :)

I have one from a company called Universal Fidelity Corp. Houston TX. They are not licensed here in FL . I have also received a letter from John Lee Jackson, In House Corporate Attorney For Universal Fidelity Corp. ( that's what the letterhead states at the very top) The letter goes on to say that Mr. Jackson is an employee of Universal Fidelity Corp. That Universal is his only source of employment (am I supposed be glad or feel sorry for him?) and one of his jobs is to oversee the collection process and advise them in matters of corporate law.

The letter further states "Do not consider this letter a notification of intent to sue, since I do not have the legal authority to sue. I have not, nor will I review each detail of your account status, unless you so request. "

Please remit the entire balance ($34.95) blah blah blah.....

I don't think this is something I actually owe , the client is Bradford Exchange and I never ordered or received the item they are trying to bill me for. This isn't the first time they have made a mistake in their billing. I'm tempted to pay it but feel reluctant to do that on the principal of the matter. What should I do?

Midland Credit Management, INC. I cannot find them anywhere showing they are licensed and bonded in FL. Are they licensed and bonded in FL?

Any help would be appreciated. I mail the state already to send me a letter.

What I did was call the DoFS at (850) 410-9895 and asked them to check.

If your CA is not listed they will tell you what to do next.

Note to remember:

The state of Florida is very, very helpful in telling you what collection agencies are licensed and bonded, and what ones aren't. Use them. They will send a nice gold sealed official document stating such.

Most all CAs use a third party company to make sure they are licensed in the necessary states and that all is legal. This third party company does a really lousy job. Don't ever assume any CA is acting within the legalities of whatever state you are in. If you don't bring it up in court, they will still collect-legal or not.

I won a case against a CA who had sued me because they weren't licensed in Florida. Use the tools available...

Does anyone (nanac?) have a C&D letter for a non-licensed CA attempting collection in FL? I've started putting one together but thought I would ask before I did it.

I've got them on no license, false representation of such, attempting collection on an item known by them to be beyond SOL-thats just for the state letter...

I'll also fax a letter to FL Dept of Financial Services tomorrow to verify they are not licensed. So far, I cant find them anywhere.

Thanks!

Interesting twist....

I found a new collection on my Equifax. "Collection Company of America". I call Equifax to put it in dispute. Got their address from Equifax. Check the FL site and there was no listing. Got confirmation from the Department of Finance. COOL! (I thought)

I got Nana's letter and noticed she told the CA that they were not licensed in 2 states. I checkd MA. They werent' there either! wait.... let me look by address. Ooops there it is. Collecto, Inc. On the MA listing, it shows Collecto, Inc. d/b/a Collection Company of America. Hmmmm.

Went back to the FL site and there they were. Sh*T! It started me thinking.... if they register as only Collecto, Inc. - then when a consumer would call/write to complain, they would be told that there is no listing for this CA. No listing, no complaint can be registered......

A little bullcaca if you ask me! :evil: