admin

Hall of fame lawsuit winners....

435 posts in this topic

If they do offer you stock, make sure it is preferred not common stock.

I can't name the CA's due to the settlement hush hush agreement, Two seperate CA's in two different states trying to collect on the same account. I recieved $4000.00 from one and $3600.00 from the other. I have a deal with a good friend that happens to be an attorney and we usually split the kill 50/50. The story doesn't end here. There was a third CA that had been bothering me for over a year on the same account that came out of the woodwork shortly after the above mentioned cases were settled. That CA was also an attorney and he filed for a dismissal, "with prejudice" 4 days before a scheduling conference. The original amount of the alledged debt was $6800.00.

It was a great victory indeed. The original summons and complaint on the account was dismissed and I spanked the CAs for an additional $7600.00.

I was sued by Palisades Collection in Tennessee for an alleged discover card that was not mine. After 6 months of DV's to the CA, Atty, Disputes with the CRA, the attorney filed for order of nonsuit (judgment in my favor).

Links to the threads:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/260100-palisades-collection-suing-me/
http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/260161-counterclaim-re-violation-of-%C2%A71692-g-b/

Thanks to all here for your help, now I'm going to sue them if the record is not deleted by the end of the week.

Update: It got deleted within 5 days from all 3 CRA's!!!!

My advice to anyone is just to say on the attorney suing you, keep asking for documentation until they provide it, most likely they wont be able to and will drop the case.. ALWAYS SHOW UP TO COURT!!!! That might be all it takes, most of the time they are just looking for default and don't want to fight.

I had a court date yesterday. I was real nervous because I did not what to expect. I was being sued by LUVN in the amount of $10135.00 plus court and attorney fees. I don't have any income but as SSI check I get every month for about $450.00. I took a copy of my house bills with a copy of my SSI check. When I showed up the LUVN lawyer was already there and asked if I can make any payment arrangements I told him that my only income was the SSI check and I had my house bills to pay. He didn't even ask for the copies. He then just said he would just dismiss the case. I was so relieved. They were trying to sue me asap because the 4 year statue was around the corner. I live in Texas. They were probably hoping I didn't show up and win the case by default. I just advise everyone to SHOW up on the court date, and put up a fight and don't let those collection agencies win by default.

Everyone knows we have been fighting GEMB on an old Best buy

account. WELLLLLL just found old consolidation loan papers dated

1998 which list all the CC covered as payed off in that loan. YESSSS

bestbuy was one of them. ANNDDD if you look at our CR it was paid

off and listing in good standing.(the consolidation loan)

OK GEMB bought the default loan in 1997 and we pd it off in 1998.

The papers dont list who they sent the check to. But my quess would be

Bankone( the OCs) but it was pd.

We are suing GEMB and ARROW will follow.xdancex

i am in michigan and i was being sued by asset acceptance for roughly $1300.i stood my ground and requested proof during a discovery period and the ended up dismissing it with prejudice so that was nice. this site was helpful thanks everyone.

I can't say who I just settled with, but the signed paperwork went out this morning.

With luck, this will be my last case.

(I can't find the link...its a couple years old). Thanks to this board, I had a Citibank case dismissed in Nevada against my husband based on a technicality (they didn't serve him within the time limit in Court Rules). Citibank tried to intimidate us after we moved to California, with a letter from an attorney, but thanks to this board, we intimidated them back with a letter and the whole thing just got forgotten ultimately by Citibank....

I don't have a thread that I started here, but I won against a recent CA.

They were Luebke Baker and they said I owed money for some magazine accounts that I've never had. I sent them 2 DV's and then eventually an ITS... their response was as follows:

LUEBKE BAKER & ASSOCIATES

P.O. BOX 9398

PEORIA, IL 61615

800259-7654 X138 FAX 309282-7320

DON.CUMMINGS @LBA93.COM

March 4, 2008

MR. so-and-so

so-and-so's address

(SENT CERTIFIED AND REGULAR MAIL)

Re: Settlement Offer: $2,000.00 Your Magazine Provider Balance Due $40.81 Our Reference# xxxxxx-x Clients Ref# xxxxxxx

Dear so-and-so:

I have had an opportunity to review your correspondence sent to our office and received February 22, 2008 alleging violations of the

F.D.C.P.A.

While I understand your logic I cannot concur with your findings of fact and conclusions of law.

I reviewed the Certified Letter that you copied and sent to us for review and was unable to verify with my office or the Post Office the date it was sent and no such person that signed the receipt can be identified as one of my office representatives and the Post Office could not confirm any such person.

In light ofthese factors we would have no written notice to cease and desist all collection activity regarding this magazine account.

For the purpose ofgetting this matter resolved I am able to offer you

a cash settlement in the amount of$1200.00 to settle this account in full.

This payment will be sent to you no later than April 20, 2008.

Likewise we will report no derogatory information to any creditreporting

agency in addition to the terms ofthis settlement offer.

I see you have had a chance to research some Case Law as it pertains to violations ofthe F.D.C.P.A.

I'm sure that you must also be aware that a Bona Fide Error Defense

is an Affirmative Defense in such cases as this.

I will hold this offer open for a period for 10 days from the date of this letter to await your response as to settlement.

Sincerely,

Donald Cummings

Legal Administrator

CC: Client

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT AND ANY

INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT

PURPOSE. THIS COMMUNICATION IS IN FACT FROM A DEBT

COLLECTOR.

They're obviously still in denial, but scared enough that they're going to pay me and leave me alone from now on!!!

Thanks to all here whom I have learned how to protect my rights!!!!

A certain collection agency that will go nameless - but has a ton of money - for some reason, let me default them. I didn't dick around in small claims but went straight to County Court at Law. I sent out a big batch of discovery to them, and for some reason, they ignored that, too.

I got $72,000.00 for violations of the FCRA (72 violations X 1,000.00) and $27,500 for libel.

I'm just going to sit on this judgment until their appeal options diminish. After all, I accrue $27.00 a day in interest on it.

An appeal will certainly be interesting, as I had 144 admissions deemed admitted, and they pretty much screw the collection agency in every possible way.

I'll keep everyone posted as to when / how much I collect, and if I get even half, there will be plenty of beer buying for all - this place educated me and inspired me to fight back.

I also think you're the kind of audience who would appreciate my web site - www.corpreform.com.

Anybody ever heard what happened with this case?

They took us to court for a debt $3000+. All their paperwork was thrown out due to being Heresay (letter from Palisades stating amount owed and their name as owner, no proof of that though) and they couldn't provide proof of Chain of Custody. Judge ruled in favor of defense (Us!)

You can read all of my posts here on the forum but I was sued by Credigy Receivables & Guglielmo & Associates for a charged off Fleet Bank Card. The original credit limit on the Fleet Bank card was $1,500. They were trying to sue me for over $16,000 plus threatening to tack on another $5,000 in attorneys fees.

I represented myself in the Clark County Eighth Judicial Court (Las Vegas, NV) under the arbitration system and won. The case took about 10 months but I am walking away with paying only about $550 in costs to represent myself. I never even had to step foot in the arbitrators office because the Plaintiff didn't have evidence to support their claim and canceled the arbitration hearings on two occasions. I kept fighting and backed them in a corner they couldn't get out of.

What happened with CBSJ--anything you could tell us about them?

So far:

Settled:

Capital One

Providian

Portfolio Recovery Associates (pending)

Dismissed by me:

Midland

Still on the court calendar:

Data Line (a small CA in California)

In the ITS queue:

PG&E

CBSJ

I guess i can put this here too.....went to court today and won my summary judgement against the Plaintiff for over 30k!!! now i just need to get the money xdancex

Wanted to pass along my successes to reinforce how valuable this site can be when you think you have no chance without the money to hire a lawyer.

I have won 2 arbitrations using information from this site against companies that bought my old debt. One before a national arbitration group a couple years ago and the other on a civil suit that just ended.

I am so relieved that my civil suit just ended and I want anyone feeling hopeless to realize that this site effectively won both arbitrations for me. I have been very stressed for the bulk of this year as the civil suit wound it’s way through our legal system and was dreading losing until I received the letter saying they ruled in my favor and were awarding me my court costs.

What a huge relief. I actually left the state arbitration on my civil suit scrambling to decide how I could file an appeal. I was positive I was losing because the arbitrator and plaintiff attorney acted like I was a complete moron with my SOL defense and that I couldn’t hear them commiserating or the looks, eye rolls, and nods of “I’m on your side this guy is an idiot” while I was talking. Both suits were on debt that was outside the Statute of Limitations which I would have never known how to deal with without this site, and the posts here gave me the courage to fight both on my own instead of giving up. Civil suit was from a company that had acquired old debt and claimed I made a payment long after the account was closed and reset the SOL date. They presented a statement saying I made a payment 4 years after the account was closed which was shocking to me but luckily I was able to prove that it never happened.

Thanks to anyone who has posted valuable info I used and gave me hope when I had none.

I've won 2 cases. The first case I didn't even know about. They didn't serve me but claimed they had. The judge noticed they didn't have a contract so dismissed it after they filed for default. I got lucky.

The second I won was because I filed an awesome demurrer (with the help of this site)

Here's the first

11/06/2008 JUDGMENT submitted by PLAINTIFF rejected on 11/6/08.

09/11/2008 Default entered as to ******** on Complaint Demanding Less than $10,000 filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA .

09/09/2008 Request for Dismissal of Does filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

09/09/2008 Request for Entry of Default filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

07/16/2008 Proof of Service of 30-day Summons & Complaint - Substitute filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

06/23/2008 Proof of Service of 30-day Summons & Complaint - Substitute filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

06/23/2008 Certificate of Service filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

05/23/2008 Case assigned to Department E-21.

05/23/2008 Original Summons filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

05/23/2008 Summons Issued.

05/19/2008 Civil Case Cover Sheet filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

05/19/2008 Complaint Demanding Less than $10,000 filed by Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA. Worldwide Asset Purchasing II LLC successor in interest to Direct Merchants Bank NA (Plaintiff)

and the second

03/26/2009 Complaint Demanding Less than $10,000 dismissed as to LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America with disposition of Request for Dismissal.

03/26/2009 Complaint Demanding Less than $10,000 dismissed as to ******* with disposition of Request for Dismissal.

03/19/2009 Request for Dismissal without Prejudice - Entire Action filed by LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America. LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America (Plaintiff)

03/16/2009 Proof of Service of 30-day Summons & Complaint - Personal filed by LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America. LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America (Plaintiff)

02/18/2009 Demurrer filed by ******** (Defendant)

12/09/2008 Case assigned to Department E-21.

12/09/2008 Original Summons filed by LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America. LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America (Plaintiff)

11/19/2008 Civil Case Cover Sheet filed by LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America. LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America (Plaintiff)

11/19/2008 Complaint Demanding Less than $10,000 filed by LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America. LVNV Funding LLC Assignee of Bank of America (Plaintiff)

I filed my memorandum of cost for the 2nd one. Not sure how long I have to wait though.

congratulations, That's Great! I'm glad to see that there is some hope for us out here fighting it out alone. I'm glad you won.

Thanks for sharing that. xdancex