admin

Hall of fame lawsuit winners....

Won against MF in court today.  Dismissal w/o p but if they refile they have to pay my filing fees.  I am happy with that and the judge awarded my costs.  Sometimes in AZ you get a great judge!!! 

Congrats!  ::USA::

Even in AZ.  ::USA::  ::USA::

sued by asset in early 2013, I BOP'd them, they dismissed, then they refiled the case in Dec of 13

general denial>BOP>do nothing until 45 days from trial>CCP 96 them>they dont respond>

ready to hammer them but then trial date gets vacated due to court calendar,  necessitating CMC to reschedule, and then:

CMC today:

myself and rent-a-lawyer appear

judge apologizes for delay, and asks when we want to set date, suggests "i think it should be a few months out to make sure we have plenty of time for any subpoenas, motions, etc"

Rent-a-lawyer (RAL) says, "I would like 90 days to see if this issue could be resolved"

I say "I would like the trial as soon as possible your honor, I am ready for trial, discovery is complete, I dont see any reason why plaintiff would need 90 days"

Judge: " OK lets cut it to 45 days"

RAL: "May I have a moment outside to confer with defendant your honor?"

Judge: "please do"

::we shuffle outside::

RAL:How can we settle this?

me: well, I will only settle with full dismissal. Your client has missed every single deadline in this trial and has no admissible evidence. I recommend your client cut their losses and dismiss immediately to prevent incurring any more costs.

RAL: Let me make a call and see if I can save us some time

I go back into courtroom, he follows, we go before the judge and he requests dismissal without prejudice

::judge gives me the grinning "well how bout that?" look::

I say " Your honor, I would prefer dismissal with prejudice, as this case is well past the SOL anyway"

RAL: "we will stick with dismissal without prejudice and let the plaintiff sort out the SOL issues"

me: "I accept that dismissal without prejudice" (not sure why i said that, as if i have the power to stop the plaintiff from dismissing, but it seemed like closure)

Awesome JOB!  ::USA::  ::USA::

A win is win! SOL is SOL for them! :catholic:

• Like 2

My court case was today and the judge ruled in my favor after 20 minutes of waiting in the lobby past my scheduled time. The lawyer didn't call or show up. It appears based on the book the court had out that I was the only midland case for the day.

I'm glad this website was here to give the information to fight the case. Thank you all!

• Like 9

Got a Dismissal from Plaintiff Without Prejudice at my Trail Readiness Conference this morning  :yahoo:

My thread is here

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/323269-another-on-being-sued-by-cach-mandarich-law-group-in-ca/

I beat CACH for being totally sloppy.  They messed up on so many levels I don't think they had a chance.

I'll update my thread with details soon...but I'm happy.  I just hope they stay away until SOL runs out.

I could not have done it without this forum and great group of people.  Special thanks to @Anon Amos and @calawyer, as well as everyone else who chimed in with advice as well as those who blazed the trail in their threads and info and examples/documents and experience they provided.  ::celebrate:: 

• Like 9

Good for you. Congratulations, you did a great job. Don't forget to file for your cost as you are the prevailing party. It's even better since it was CACH. Do something special for yourself, you've earned it.

Won appeal vs SLM Education Credit due to AZ SOL 4 years A.R.S. 12-544(3) "instrument in writing executed without the state",
ignored (or rather misread) by the Trial Judge.

Update - 02/05/2015: Judgment vacated.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/323292-lost-sallie-mae-in-az-2014/

Edited by GDayMateAZ
  • Like 8

I won my appeal! It was a long process, but in the end justice was done and I won. Received the official decision today, posted in my appeal thread. Won for different reasons I thought I would, glad I made a comprehensive argument. 

• Like 8

Had the summary judgment against me reversed on appeal last Friday. Apparently, JDBs are allowed a lot in district courts.

Here is the transcript of the hearing:

Part 1: The Judge and I (the short and boring part)

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/324891-appealing-in-wa-state-vs-cavalry/#entry1315477

Part 2: The Judge and the JDB's attorney (the long and exciting part)

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/324891-appealing-in-wa-state-vs-cavalry/#entry1315690

• Like 6

I won my appeal! It was a long process, but in the end justice was done and I won. Received the official decision today, posted in my appeal thread. Won for different reasons I thought I would, glad I made a comprehensive argument. 

Congratulations!  ::USA::  ::USA::

• Like 1

Had the summary judgment against me reversed on appeal last Friday. Apparently, JDBs are allowed a lot in district courts.

Here is the transcript of the hearing:

Part 1: The Judge and I (the short and boring part)

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/324891-appealing-in-wa-state-vs-cavalry/#entry1315477

Part 2: The Judge and the JDB's attorney (the long and exciting part)

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/324891-appealing-in-wa-state-vs-cavalry/#entry1315690

Everyone should read this. Things don't always work out like we hope, but sometimes you get a fair judge. Then it is up to you to stay on the topic the court is addressing and let the opposition hang themselves. 

• Like 1

Just won my case thanks to all the info on this forum. A special shout out to ASTMedic , CaseDismissed, ReadytoWininCA, and HomelessInCalifornia. I killed them and have a slam dunk system for these clowns that I will try and put up here so anyone else can beat them as well. I streamlined a few things and made it much easier. This place is awesome. Thanks again!

• Like 7

Just won my case thanks to all the info on this forum. A special shout out to ASTMedic , CaseDismissed, ReadytoWininCA, and HomelessInCalifornia. I killed them and have a slam dunk system for these clowns that I will try and put up here so anyone else can beat them as well. I streamlined a few things and made it much easier. This place is awesome. Thanks again!

Yay...congrats!! 

Congrats!  ::USA::  ::USA::

Please posts as much of your fight as your feel comfortable with. Its great to know that many come here and get help from reading older threads. You will be paying it forward by just starting your own thread with some details!

• Like 1

Great win!

• Like 1

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/325069-edit-had-court-again-update-2-17-15-its-over/

Thanks to all of you!   Thank you soooooooooooooo much for your guidance, encouragement, support!

midlandvsme.pdf

I didn't realize that some of us posters were talking in conversations and alot of the work I did was not shown in thread.

I am going to try and pull everything together that I used, did, found researching, etc, to hopefully help others the way you all helped me.    

• Like 9

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/325069-edit-had-court-again-update-2-17-15-its-over/

Thanks to all of you!   Thank you soooooooooooooo much for your guidance, encouragement, support!

attachicon.gifmidlandvsme.pdf

I didn't realize that some of us posters were talking in conversations and alot of the work I did was not shown in thread.

I am going to try and pull everything together that I used, did, found researching, etc, to hopefully help others the way you all helped me.    

Definitely write out everything and pay it forward for others in the future!

• Like 2

attachicon.gifmidlandvsme.pdf

Congrats ixsellr8!!!!

• Like 1

Hey Everybody -

I won my case too!! I couldn't have done it without the members of this community. Thank you all!!

Here's a link to my thread:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/325370-36-days-to-trial-in-cali-continuance-please-help/?p=1314938

My situation was a bit different, as I didn't discover this community until about a month before trial, so I didn't do some of the things that others have done. But, I will post up links to my documents in hopes that it will help others going through the same thing.

It can be done! Don't give up!!

• Like 7

just claiming my spot here.  I fought the scum, and the scum LOST :)

They have to PROVE it, people............... alllllllllllll of it.  

They have NO proof!

They are junk/scum debt buyers.

Do not back down.

Make that scum-bucket know that you OWN him! 

Turn the tables.

• Like 3