admin

Hall of fame lawsuit winners....

@Anon Amos

A dismissal itself would not have a nondisclosure provision because that dismissal is public record.  It would be in a separate agreement that would require the defendant's signature and would outline details that could not be publicly revealed.

Mine had one before it was revised and others have too. It may be public record but that doesn't mean they want you talking about it on the Internet etc.

I am speaking from personal experience and what I have seen first hand.

@Anon Amos

How can it be filed with the court if it contains details that cannot be revealed publicly?

The dismissal is simply just a form to the court saying they dismiss, it may not have the entire stipulation spelled out on it.

The dismissal is simply just a form to the court saying they dismiss, it may not have the entire stipulation spelled out on it.

I believe that's what I said in post #275.   "A dismissal itself would not have a nondisclosure provision because that dismissal is public record."

it may not have the entire stipulation spelled out on it.

That's the separate agreement to which I referred.  I'm speaking from personal experience, as well.

• Like 1

Congratulations. Yes it was a seperate paper, I now see what you're saying. Who cares? What difference does it make if they said don't talk about it on the actual dismissal filed with the court or in the stipulation they first send you with their offer?

My only point was that at times when they dismiss they want you to agree to not talk about the case. They don't want you on the enternet telling people how you beat them.

You are being extremely hyper critical of my post. You would think you could post a congratulations in the hall of fame without having to prove it up.

@Anon Amos

I merely said that when a lawsuit is simply dismissed, there won't be a nondisclosure provision.  In a basic cc lawsuit where the defendant has no counterclaims, it's rarely going to happen so it would not be a common reason for people to fail to post a victory.  Even with a nondisclosure provision, they can still post whether or not they won.

I wasn't hypercritical of your post.  I only pointed that you said the same thing I did.  Good grief.

I followed up with a couple of members that disappeared from the forums. they reported settlements for very low amounts.

No default for JDB, and they settled for what they feel a comfortable amount and at their own terms.  A win from my point of view. they gained knowledge from this website and the remarkable people willing to spend some time helping those in need. thanks to that they not sink in this tormentous legal ocean, and were able to float away to presumably better waters.

• Like 3

@Anon Amos

Speaking personally and anecdotally, I believe it is safe to say more CIC victories occur than are posted here. Same is likely true of defeats; some CIC posters just disappear. 

I think for the most part people drink from the well and then continue with thier life. While it would be great to hear either way many people do not want to continue to post due to the expulsion of the stress. I think of it this way, like an emergency room many doctors will never see the patient they just saved again but they have the greatest of joy knowing they saved a life. I relish the win posts but think I like when a person posts what went wrong in their case for coming up with the better strategy to avoid pitfalls. I have seen the increase in wins and know that every loss helps 100 people win. Blessed are the helpers who stand next to the pitfall and warn others away.

• Like 4

I would like to personally thank you all for the information provided here.  Today I just had the motion for summary judgment against me denied.  The opposing counsel did not show up for court at all.  The judge said she read over my opposition for summary judgment and agreed that the attorney forgot to include a very important piece of evidence. She did not disclose what it was but I had agreed with her - Evidence of Assignment.  I was completely prepared to argue on lack of standing, the affidavit they provided was stock, referenced the words defendant, plaintiff and assignment.  No amount or names were referenced. Affidavits are to be used if someone has personal knowledge of facts.  As well as proof that the "alleged" debt was invalid in the first place.

Specifically, my alleged debt occurred when I moved out of an apartment when I purchased a home.  They claimed I did not clean the apartment and charged me for everything under the sun.  I was smart enough to take photographs and keep email correspondence to use as evidence if it ever got down to the fact that they were able to prove the debt was valid. They sent the debt to a collections agency which in turn, tried to sue me.  I have followed all of their lawsuit cases since 2014 and 90 percent of defendants do not show up in court and immediately have their wages garnished.   A little bit of time investment goes a long way.

Thanks again.

This was in Tulsa Oklahoma - against M.A.R.S. INC 

• Like 3

I would like to personally thank you all for the information provided here.  Today I just had the motion for summary judgment against me denied.  The opposing counsel did not show up for court at all.  The judge said she read over my opposition for summary judgment and agreed that the attorney forgot to include a very important piece of evidence. She did not disclose what it was but I had agreed with her - Evidence of Assignment.  I was completely prepared to argue on lack of standing, the affidavit they provided was stock, referenced the words defendant, plaintiff and assignment.  No amount or names were referenced. Affidavits are to be used if someone has personal knowledge of facts.  As well as proof that the "alleged" debt was invalid in the first place.

Specifically, my alleged debt occurred when I moved out of an apartment when I purchased a home.  They claimed I did not clean the apartment and charged me for everything under the sun.  I was smart enough to take photographs and keep email correspondence to use as evidence if it ever got down to the fact that they were able to prove the debt was valid. They sent the debt to a collections agency which in turn, tried to sue me.  I have followed all of their lawsuit cases since 2014 and 90 percent of defendants do not show up in court and immediately have their wages garnished.   A little bit of time investment goes a long way.

Thanks again.

This was in Tulsa Oklahoma - against M.A.R.S. INC 

The key weapon you have is the photos and records damning evidence against them. The email evidence would be problematic for them. You do have enough evidence to file a complaint with the AG. Another avenue would be an injunction.

• Like 1

CAVALRY/WINN   ~  CASE DISMISSED W/ PREJUDICE!!  

I've been day dreaming about this day for close to a year now and it has arrived :-))

Such a feeling of gratitude to the awesome peeps on this forum....my longer thank-yous are on my thread (link below) but this forum has changed my life and I'm not kidding. There's a line in a HBO series True Detective that is so great and it is..."there are events that change your life so dramatically, that there's your life before...then there's your life after.." (or something close to that)  I would never have in a million years believed I could have fought a major corporation with assets beyond my scope.  But because of the generosity of so many generous folks and the keen guidance of the saint here...calawyer, I was able to do so.  Very very thankful.

Anon Amos, sadinca, shellieh98, Seadragon, HomelessinCalifornia, h8spleadingpaper and all the posters who shared their knowledge...Thank you!!!!

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/324990-help-please-sued-by-calvary-spv-i-winn-law-grp/page-6

• Like 4

congratulations, you had the courage to stand up and actively learn. with hard work you've earn your spot in this threat.

• Like 1

Oh s#*t!!! with prejudice!!!!!

I thought it was without, and was about to ask  about SOL. haha! SWEET!!!

Another win in Cali!

Case dismissed without prejudice. Winn/Calvary.

Felt so great to get this news!

Thank you to everyone on this board for all the great documents and help! I appreciate you all so much and know you are a huge part of my win today! Special Thank you to Calawyer, Ruby Tuesday, sadinca,and Anon Amos, for taking time from your busy lives, writing me back and helping me with my case! Pointing me in the right direction.

momincali

• Like 3