admin

Hall of fame lawsuit winners....

57 minutes ago, sadinca said:

You mentioned you never posted but your name sounds familiar. 

I messaged you when the links to your posts were not working and you fixed them very quickly.  Thank goodness too, because your information was the basis of most of my objections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRIMM71 said:

The Judge asked me to write the order, does it need to include "defendant recovers costs" or can i file for that without it being in the order? 

Any info would be great! 

There is a form you fill out for cost (someone will probably post it or the # soon).

It sounds like the judge wants you to write the order saying "dismissed with prejudice" so he can sign it.  

7 minutes ago, Anon Amos said:

There is a form you fill out for cost (someone will probably post it or the # soon).

It sounds like the judge wants you to write the order saying "dismissed with prejudice" so he can sign it.  

But, it the costs part is independent of the Judge's order, correct?  

• Like 1

Correct

I originally posted on this site for help in responding to a summons from PRA (regarding a 6k Citibank debt), however living in FL and not knowing the law i was excited to retain @LawKitty . She has been so thorough in explaining everything and being realistic about the possible outcomes of the suit. She allowed me to set up a payment plan!! I made my first payment on saturday, and she got to work on tuesday (monday being a holiday)! Tuesday afternoon she sent me an email with all the info she had submitted to the court electronically. Within HOURS, pra emailed her with a mutual decision. PRA dismissed with prejudice, agreed i would not receive a 1099, the tradeline would be removed from the cra's, and they would not sell the debt or ever attempt to collect on it again!!!!! @LawKitty got me the best possible outcome in less than one day!!! I strongly recommend anyone in FL being sued by the junk debt buyers reach out to her. I honestly thought this process would take months, and that absolutely was not the case. Thank you guys so much for all the help and directing me to @LawKitty.

• Like 9

On 2/17/2016 at 4:04 PM, nnye said:

I originally posted on this site for help in responding to a summons from PRA (regarding a 6k Citibank debt), however living in FL and not knowing the law i was excited to retain @LawKitty . She has been so thorough in explaining everything and being realistic about the possible outcomes of the suit. She allowed me to set up a payment plan!! I made my first payment on saturday, and she got to work on tuesday (monday being a holiday)! Tuesday afternoon she sent me an email with all the info she had submitted to the court electronically. Within HOURS, pra emailed her with a mutual decision. PRA dismissed with prejudice, agreed i would not receive a 1099, the tradeline would be removed from the cra's, and they would not sell the debt or ever attempt to collect on it again!!!!! @LawKitty got me the best possible outcome in less than one day!!! I strongly recommend anyone in FL being sued by the junk debt buyers reach out to her. I honestly thought this process would take months, and that absolutely was not the case. Thank you guys so much for all the help and directing me to @LawKitty.

Thank you for thanking @LawKitty   She is everything a good lawyer should be.   We are very glad she is here.

Just got a nice letter from the plaintiff's attorney.  Dismissal with prejudice after a day in Court and mention of the Consent Order against Encore.  ?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, CommoSGT said:

Just got a nice letter from the plaintiff's attorney.  Dismissal with prejudice after a day in Court and mention of the Consent Order against Encore.  ?

Crap...they could have been slammed twice!  Citibank was the alleged OC...

@CommoSGT

Great win!  Made even better when you got in the Encore Consent Order.  I think this is the third time a defendant here said they were able to get the Consent Order on record with the court.  BTW, what state are you in?

Feels great to be part of this thread. I won my case because of all the help I got from this forum.  You all know who you are. Thanks again, and hopefully I'll post again here soon. Lol.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, cowgershomeplate said:

JUST WANTED TO SAY....... I could not have WON AGAINST MIDLAND FUNDING IN CALIFORNIA if it were not for the fine folks on this forum.  About 90% of my "research" to fight Midland was found in posts here.

Special thanks to:

calawyer, Anon Amos, sadinca, RyanEX, and ASTMedic 's posts

And another win for Team California!!! 

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

• Like 1

Congratulations! You did a great job, I'm very happy for you.

Get your cost back (there's an easy form for this, and a lot of people here who have done it and know the steps)

On 4/23/2016 at 11:09 AM, Brotherskeeper said:

And another win for Team California!!! 

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Team California probably wins more debt collection lawsuits than most consumer law firms in Cali.  And they do it for a price than none can match.

• Like 5

wow!!! CONGRATULATION!!!!

GA is very pro-creditor, if I remember correctly, and from what I read in these forums.

• Like 1

Team California strikes again.  Victory (albeit w/o prejudice) against an OC via MTC arbitration (JAMS).  I have to imagine any debt collection attorneys that know about this subforum must have a visceral hatred for it.

My deepest thanks to everyone here, past and present.

• Like 3

congratulation on your victory!!!

• Like 2