admin

Hall of fame lawsuit winners....

Awesome Job Everyone! This thread should be kept at the top of the forum so we can keep up with everyone and to serve as an inspiration to others!

BUMP!

::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::

• Like 2

Letter came today from the attorney representing Cavalry Investments, LLC stating that his client has agreed to no longer pursue this debt and dismiss the case WITH prejudice. Lawsuit was for $19,344.79+

More details here:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/319887-cavalry-vs-me-in-washington-state/

Awesome !  Congrats !!!

:yahoo:

Another victory for the little guy! Settlement check for FDCPA suit arrived! Confidentiality agreement allows only that settlement was to parties' satisfaction. A fine consumer advocate attorney took the case on contingency. What a difference in the stress level! This happy ending (cha ching!) was made possible by the CIC forum. We could never have imagined we'd end up here from such a seemingly doomed beginning. Hang in there and never give up.

• Like 2

Way to go bro'. Wish you could reveal more info ... but I do understand.

• Like 1

You guys quit winning so much we aren't going to have anybody to play with.

Good job you two.

• Like 2

I forgot to post my win.  Today would have been trial date.  Never heard from Midland, not even to tell us not to go to court.  Jerks.  But they dismissed WITH prejudice.  So we will never hear from them again.  Buh bye ...  don't let the door hitcha where the Lord bitcha!

• Like 5

I don't know if this counts since I didn't actually do anything.

LVNV's "law firm" collection agent contacted me back in Jan 2008 over a $5k debt that went delinquent in Jan or Feb 2005. They listed the accout at upwards of $15k in Jan 2008. In the first contact with the agent, he offered to settle for $9k. I told him I would need to review my finances to figure out how I would pay that and I would get back to him the following week, and he agreed. Starting 2 days later, they called me every 10 minutes from 8:30AM to 5:30PM for 2 days straight and into the third day. I finally answered the phone on the third day and said "You can go to hell now. You better sue me because that's the only way you're ever going to collect on this now".

They filed the law suit in Feb 2008, but never served me (or filed POS). The case was dismissed in Nov 2008, leaving 2 or 3 months before SOL. I found out about the case by accident browsing through court cases in 2010.

I still get letters from them from time to time (about every 3-4 months). They list the account at $24k these days, and their settlement offers are down to $1200.

• Like 1

I don't know if this counts since I didn't actually do anything.

LVNV's "law firm" collection agent contacted me back in Jan 2008 over a $5k debt that went delinquent in Jan or Feb 2005. They listed the accout at upwards of $15k in Jan 2008. In the first contact with the agent, he offered to settle for $9k. I told him I would need to review my finances to figure out how I would pay that and I would get back to him the following week, and he agreed. Starting 2 days later, they called me every 10 minutes from 8:30AM to 5:30PM for 2 days straight and into the third day. I finally answered the phone on the third day and said "You can go to hell now. You better sue me because that's the only way you're ever going to collect on this now".

They filed the law suit in Feb 2008, but never served me (or filed POS). The case was dismissed in Nov 2008, leaving 2 or 3 months before SOL. I found out about the case by accident browsing through court cases in 2010.

I still get letters from them from time to time (about every 3-4 months). They list the account at $24k these days, and their settlement offers are down to $1200.

I'm sure LVNV would like to get 1200 for a time barred debt.. :ROFLMAO2:

You probably could collect against LVNV on violations on trying to collect on a debt past the SOL ... :yahoo:

A win is a win.. Congrats !!

I just want to say THANK YOU for all of the input that everyone in this community has put together. I just received my motion to dismiss with prejudice this week from DNG in my fight against Midland. It has been nearly a 9 month process, but worth it in the end. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I probably would not have fought back had I not found this forum.

• Like 2

I just want to say THANK YOU for all of the input that everyone in this community has put together. I just received my motion to dismiss with prejudice this week from DNG in my fight against Midland. It has been nearly a 9 month process, but worth it in the end. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I probably would not have fought back had I not found this forum.

Congrats! A win just from reading as I see that's your first post! Impressive.

::allhail::

• Like 1

Wooo Hooo!!!!

Dismissed! Plaintiffs lawyer and I approached the bench, identified ourselves, then the lawyer asked the judge to dismiss the case without prejudice.

In retrospect, had I the experience I probably should not have agreed to the dismissal and pushed forward with the trial because I'm sure I would have won. Then gotten a judgment in my favor and then able to recover court costs.

Could not have done it without all you very giving individuals on this forum!!!

Wow, I hope a greater sense of relief sets in. Right now I'm still on my toes over this.

reference thread  http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/316247-beginning-defense-advice/

• Like 3

Wooo Hooo!!!!

Dismissed! Plaintiffs lawyer and I approached the bench, identified ourselves, then the lawyer asked the judge to dismiss the case without prejudice.

In retrospect, had I the experience I probably should not have agreed to the dismissal and pushed forward with the trial because I'm sure I would have won. Then gotten a judgment in my favor and then able to recover court costs.

Could not have done it without all you very giving individuals on this forum!!!

Wow, I hope a greater sense of relief sets in. Right now I'm still on my toes over this.

reference thread  http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/316247-beginning-defense-advice/

EXCELLENT.

But you still get your costs.  You are the prevailing party since you had a dismissal entered in your favor (unless you specifically waived costs).

Congrats.

• Like 2

Last week, I beat Stellar Recovery. Trial day and Plaintiff dismissed without prejudice.  The judge would not rule to dismiss w/prejudice. These collection attorneys are full of crap, claiming they did know until the night prior that their client would not be sending them all of the documents and affidavit. Too bad none of it would have been able to be used at trial.

Now, we are suing Stellar and their attorney for FDCPA violations.

• Like 1

Fantastic!, but kind of a let down too huh.

I have the similar situation so I'll be following your progress BMC. All that good prep and no one to hit over the head with it. I still think we can object to receiving their dismissal request and move forward with the trial, my judge asked me if I objected or not basically. I think if we have a slam dunk case then we should object and ask the judge to consider the lack of evidence against us thus beginning the trial, my courts trial paper said there would not be any continuance so they would have been stuck. Then I could have asked for a judgement in my favor which would have made for a better case going into FDCPA violation suit.  (that's my humble estimation of what could have happened)

I might as well put this up here.  I met with the Plaintiff's lawyer right before a pretrial conference and agreed to a mutual dismissal WITH prejudice!!!  The judge granted it.

I couldn't have done it without this site!

Here is my thread:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/318873-utah-statute-of-limitations-update-dismissed/

• Like 1

I won judgment in trial yesterday ... http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/320243-going-to-trial-in-california/

I hope my story and the materials I have prepared and gathered can be of benefit to others.  When you are down, there are good people with good hearts and warmth and experience and knowledge to help you out.  We're there for you.

• Like 10