Sign in to follow this  
tryingtogetbackontrack

credit repair question

I'm in the process of trying to repair my credit and have sent off dispute letters on a couple of things. Some things on my credit report I am planning on paying off within the next 5 months.....these are items that have gone into collection. Will it raise my score when I pay these off instead of it being in collection? and how can I get the address of the collection companies that these accounts are with? I've got the company names but I've been having trouble getting their address or phone numbers so I can contact them about paying? Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much! (I'm kinda new to this)

First, paying the collection will not help your score one bit unless you get them to delete the tradeline.

A paid collection is every bit as bad for the score as an unpaid collection.

To get the addresses get a full copy of your report ( I assume you are working off a privacy guard or some such) , call the Big 3 and have them send you a hard copy. It will have all the contact info. Do all your negotiations in writing. Don't contact these folks by phone for ANY reason. Tell them you will pay, only if they give you a promise to delete in writing.

G/L!

never pay collection accounts until all avenues are exhausted .

Paid collections are still paid collections not deletions.