Sign in to follow this  
vettegirl

Judgement - Ford Motor Credit

I have a judgement for $ 9000. from Ford Motor Credit for a leased vehicle that was reposessed. They have put a lien against my house, my primary residence, so if I sell I cannot get a clear title unless I pay them off.

Now they have subpeonad my husband and I, wanting all our financial records, car titles, bank statements, pay stubs, etc. Can you tell me what they are up to, or what their next move might be? I consulted a lawyer about bankruptcy, but was told we make too much to file anything but Chapter 13, and would probably have to pay everything anyway. I just hate this hanging over my head, but don't feel I should have to pay $ 9000. on a broken lease that had only (3) payments remaining (the judge thought differently :evil: )!

Thanks for any advice-

Check your state laws on Lease reposessions. I think they are a different ball of wax then a regular car repo. You never "OWNED" the car.. the title wasn't in your name with them as a lease holder. I think you should check around.

Thats an awful lot for a car 3 months away from the lease being filled.

Did they do the repo in the manner that your state laws account for?

Did you get a notice if intent to sell?

Did you get a notice of deficiency?

Check all those things out and were you served properly.. I would assume you were since you said the judge didn't side with you. I think you could appeal that too if you still have time.

Just my thoughts

I was served with intent to sell and deficiency notices by mail. In my view this was a lease, and all I should have owed was the 3 payments due of $ 485.00 each, plus damages if any (there were none). My lease contract stated if terminated early I would owe the difference between fair market value and the auction sale - they sold a 2 year old Eddie Bauer Explorer at auction for $ 9000., then hit me with the difference!

Anyway, yesterday someone called my office and asked for HR. I picked up as HR falls within my job description. The person on the phone identified herself as Isabella, and when I identified myself as Lauren she hung up. I called Ford's attorney's office and asked for Isabella, and sure enough I was put through! Why are they checking my employment? What do you think their next step might be?

I would be interested in filing an appeal on the judgement - my attorney has been no help at all (see first post). Can anyone give me any ideas on filing an appeal myself - are there grounds that would at least stall Ford until I find a more creative attorney? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I hate to say it , but if they are checking your employment after

a bad debt they may be trying to garnish your wages. not sure

what to tell you.

My son, A few years ago had a car repossessed in NJ.

A repo guy came for it. Any information you find, can you pass it on to me... thanks, Carol They put a judgement on him but he owns nothing.