Sign in to follow this  
kevinmac_99

Question about DISPUTING.....

Hey guys and gals,

I ordered all 3 of my credit reports from MYFICO.COM. Well I go online to dispute items at their specific websites it asks' me for a REPORT NUMBER??? The only information that I received from is a report id number. any input appreciated.

Kevin

So your telling me that I ordered all 3 of my credit reports from MYFICO.COM for nothing????? Why would people in here tell you to go there to get your reports if you cant do anything about them online?

Kevin

I may be wrong but I think MYFICO and PG are used because most people don't dispute online. From everything I've read on these bb's most use the CMRR method just as I do.

So your telling me that I ordered all 3 of my credit reports from MYFICO.COM for nothing????? Why would people in here tell you to go there to get your reports if you cant do anything about them online?

Kevin

People in here generally tell you that for disputing purposes, to get your reports directly from the source - EQ, EXP, and TU. You cannot dispute information that is garnered from a third party re-seller, a category that myfico.com falls into, even though the scores are based on their algorithm.

You can use the information from the myfico.com reports to dispute via CRRR, however; and that is generally the preferred method for disputing anyway as it builds a solid paper trail.

I don't know that anyone here told you that you should get your reports from myfico to dispute items on your reports. Normally we tell people to ALWAYS get their reports directly from the CRA you're disputing with. But like Cooks said, you shouldn't really be disputing online anyways, always create a papertrail and send them in CMRRR and you can use the data from your myfico reports to do that.

I don't know that anyone here told you that you should get your reports from myfico to dispute items on your reports. Normally we tell people to ALWAYS get their reports directly from the CRA you're disputing with. But like Cooks said, you shouldn't really be disputing online anyways, always create a papertrail and send them in CMRRR and you can use the data from your myfico reports to do that.

you CAN dispute online with TU from using a 3rd party reseller. TU is the only one that doesn't require a report number. however, with EQ and EX, you can still use the reseller to dispute in the mail like everyone's saying, but not online. you may be able to call up the cras and let them know you ordered your report via 3rd party reseller and don't have a report number to dispute online, and they may be able to give you one for the purpose of disputing online (they can check the soft inquiries and see that it was pulled). i did this one time. maybe both EQ and EX will not do it, but at least one of them. i'd try it, it can't hurt.

as far as the paper trail thing goes, you can get that with disputing online. when you dispute online w/ the 3 cra's, they send a confirmation to you via email. the date is on there. you can print that off and you can also go to their website's to check on the status of the disputes.

but i'd have to think that the email confirmations would be just as good to use in a court of law, as the cmrr's are. if anyone has had an experience of not getting an email confirmation of the dispute back, please let us know.

Go get 'em Tiger.

Oh, wait, you can't - you don't have a solid papertrail.

I've been in the boat of not getting an email confirmation for a dispute.

All in all, the bottom line is - judges like to see a papertrail. There are enough judges who don't trust electronic communication, don't see it as reliable enough, that the CRRR papertrail is worth it.

I don't think anyone really answered your question though. The reason we use myfico and Privacyguard isn't for disputing.

For instance, myfico will show you your real fico scores, what lenders would see, versus the fako scores that you will get from each bureau. That's why people pull those.

PG is used for a few things, but usually not for disputes. I use it for 2 reasons - you can pull everyday, causing soft inqs to pile up and bump of hard inqs...and if you are already IN dispute with the CRAs, you can check to see if something you disputed has been removed or updated.

I can see how that would be confusing if you're giving it your first go. Sorry!!

:D

you CAN dispute online with TU from using a 3rd party reseller.

Not sure what you mean.... If you try to dispute online with TU, they ask for report number. What other reseller are you referring to that lets you dispute TU on their site?

as far as the paper trail thing goes, you can get that with disputing online. when you dispute online w/ the 3 cra's, they send a confirmation to you via email. the date is on there.

A date is not good enough to show a judge as "proof". It doesn't show what TL you disputed or what exactly you asked the CRA to do with the unverifiable information. We don't advocate CMRRR for when disputes are timely and smooth but rather in the unfortunate case where something goes wrong. In addition, should push come to shove, a good lawyer is MUCH more likely to take your case if it's well documented.

Go get 'em Tiger.

Oh, wait, you can't - you don't have a solid papertrail.

I've been in the boat of not getting an email confirmation for a dispute.

All in all, the bottom line is - judges like to see a papertrail. There are enough judges who don't trust electronic communication, don't see it as reliable enough, that the CRRR papertrail is worth it.

"All in all, the bottom line is - judges like to see a papertrail. There are enough judges who don't trust electronic communication, don't see it as reliable enough, that the CRRR papertrail is worth it."

i've never heard of that. a confirmation is a confirmation. when you order anything online, you get a confirmation or receipt back. it happens all the time. but, i guess it's feasable. if any one used an email confirmation in court, instead of a green card, and the judge didn't trust it and didn't accept it.....please let us know so we don't have speculators, and know for sure here. and i received email confirmations from online disputes; has any one else?

i gave you some information on what you can do w/ what you currently have and paid for, kevin. you just have to decide if you want to chance disputing it online, having a cra not finish w/i 30 days, and a judge not trusting the the confirmation..throwing your suit out of court. there have been a lot of people that have disputed online successfully. mail seems more reliable but online is quicker...and you have already shelled out money for the reports at this point. but you have all the information, the choice is up to you.

Not sure what you mean.... If you try to dispute online with TU, they ask for report number. What other reseller are you referring to that lets you dispute TU on their site?

no they don't. you can enter the report number if you wish, but it clearly states that it isn't required.

as far as the paper trail thing goes, you can get that with disputing online. when you dispute online w/ the 3 cra's, they send a confirmation to you via email. the date is on there.

A date is not good enough to show a judge as "proof". It doesn't show what TL you disputed or what exactly you asked the CRA to do with the unverifiable information.

a green card in the mail doesn't show what TL you disputed or what exactly you asked the CRA to do with the unverifiable information either....just the date. and i could mail in a dispute cmrr right now w/ simply a blank sheet of paper.....and then take them to court after 30 days w/ the green card and a letter i just typed up the day before court and say that's the letter i mailed them. see what i'm saying here?

True,

CMRRR, only shows you sent "Something" but not "What"

I have in the past taken a letter to my bank, Had envelope

filled out with CMRRR, and a copy of the letter I was sending,

and postage on the envelope to cover costs.

I had the "Copy" of the letter notorized that this was a true

and exact copy that was sent under CM# xxxx and mailed

by the person that noterized it.

That way, if I ever needed proof of what was mailed I have

it and it's easy to prove in court.

Is there an easier way? Let me know. I have been doing this

for a long time and it keeps any judge from ever questioning

what really was sent.

A date is not good enough to show a judge as "proof". It doesn't show what TL you disputed or what exactly you asked the CRA to do with the unverifiable information. We don't advocate CMRRR for when disputes are timely and smooth but rather in the unfortunate case where something goes wrong. In addition, should push come to shove, a good lawyer is MUCH more likely to take your case if it's well documented.

Swede,

TransUnion does allow you to dispute without a report number.

Swede,

TransUnion does allow you to dispute without a report number.

You guys are right, my bad, it does say "optional" :oops:

a green card in the mail doesn't show what TL you disputed or what exactly you asked the CRA to do with the unverifiable information either....just the date. and i could mail in a dispute cmrr right now w/ simply a blank sheet of paper.....and then take them to court after 30 days w/ the green card and a letter i just typed up the day before court and say that's the letter i mailed them.

Sure you can, and any judge with an ounce of sense would laugh at you thinking "what kind of idiot would spend $4.50 on sending a blank piece of paper...." When you get to court, the burden of proof is on you to prove that the CRA was not doing it's duty and no matter what you think, having your dispute letter and proof of mailing will carry more weight in the judge's eye than a confirmation page with only a date.

You're right, to each his own and whatever works for you is the way you'll do it, however, people that have been doing credit repair for an extended period of time knows that CRA's will lie and cheat and backing up your statement is key in winning this game- a confirmation page simply doesn't carry the same weight in court than proof of mailing. You have to remember, most of the time, you're dealing with small claims court where the so-called "judges" are often not well versed in any laws and it's up to you to prove your case and educate the judge, why risk the judge throwing out your case based on lack of proof for $4.50.

Also, when you send it via snail mail, the clock starts ticking the day they sign for it, not whenever they get around to putting it into their system which may be days later. When you dispute online, you put your dispute directly into their system helping them out by doing their job for them- the 30 days starts there.

Again, it's a personal preference and many people claim online works just as well, I however will not advocate it because I don't want to take that chance.

Also, when you send it via snail mail, the clock starts ticking the day they sign for it, not whenever they get around to putting it into their system which may be days later. When you dispute online, you put your dispute directly into their system helping them out by doing their job for them- the 30 days starts there.

Again, it's a personal preference and many people claim online works just as well, I however will not advocate it because I don't want to take that chance.

And that is espeicially the case with TU. They're my toughest CRA, inconsistent...and just plain liars.

TU must love me (knock on wood) because I have very little problem with them. I've disputed 22 items with them and they've deleted 18. So far, so good.

And since I've done so well using online disputing, I'm going to keep doing it. They were 1 day late on getting me my report, but geez...with those results, I'll take two weeks late!!

:woohoo:

And that is espeicially the case with TU. They're my toughest CRA, inconsistent...and just plain liars.

Nah man, EQ is the ANTI-CHRIST :twisted: