Sign in to follow this  
flacorps

It's Dealt not Delt, people--Deal with it!

lol Isn't it funny what ticks some people off?? Mine is when people say 'anyone have any advise?'

Are you/were you an English major, too?? :lol:

:lolsign: I agree with flacorps... I can't stand mispelled words. Goes back to spelling bee contest and the numerous ones I won :lol: However, I do realize that sometimes we are in a hurry and don't bother to do a spellcheck because we want an answer NOW :)

We're just funny that way. I cringe when I see earlier posts where I was frustrated and it was late and had a mispelled word. The time passed by to edit and I have to live with it :oops:

hehehe!! I think this thread is now turning into 'self-proclaimed nerds'. Spelling bees, indeed....I was in a few myself. :lol:

I'm just waiting for Rav Wolf to show up and post!!

Mine is when people say 'anyone have any advise?

Oh, good, then it's not just me. :wink:

Nope. Me too. I also hate "judgement".

This has made its way around the net. Read it quickly.

Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

This has made its way around the net. Read it quickly.

Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

:lolsign::speechless: OMG, too funny :!:The sad part about it is I CAN read it...read too many essays for extra credit xburnoutx :D

:lolsign::speechless: OMG, too funny :!:The sad part about it is I CAN read it...read too many essays for extra credit xburnoutx :D

Sad part is you can make out complete jibberish, yet can't make sense out your credit card agreement. :?

I think we can read this mess because we're all on the friggin INTERNET all the time and people tend to type like drunk chimps!! :D

My spelling pet peeve is "loose" instead of "lose." It's one of those words that spellcheck won't pick up on, though, because "loose" is also a word. "Definately" instead of "definitely" is another one that makes me cringe. (I also won my 3rd grade spelling bee! :lol:)

My spelling pet peeve is "loose" instead of "lose." It's one of those words that spellcheck won't pick up on, though, because "loose" is also a word.

OMG, yes! "Loose" vs "lose" is right up there with "advise" vs "advice."

I was a proofreader for years and basically got "spellchecked" out of my job. People tend to believe that with spellchecker, they don't need a proofreader, which belief has led to the proliferation of web sites, advertising, magazines, etc. that look like they were put together by illiterate children. <sigh>

In all my being anal about spelling and grammar, I must confess....

Up until pretty recently, I spelled it 'definately'.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: I did not know the error of my ways. Please forgive me, my fellow writers! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ok, this thread has been dead for like 4 months now....but I had to bring it back to vent.

People, when someone is coming over, they are COMING over. They aren't COMMING over. <:)

And we aren't doing DISBUTES. We're doing DISPUTES.

Thank you.

Sorry...just been noticing things a lot lately. :?