Sign in to follow this  
kman1011

? on credit protections associates/Hollywood video

On all my bureaus I have these guys from a supposed hollywood video that was rented but brought back 90 days later. I actually remebr this. I brought the movie back on time, they did not have record of it. But when I call them they claim it was brought back 90 days later. Whats the best way to remove this, i have disputed as not mine and it has came back verified. It is from 07/1998, should I request them to provide a copy of my rental agreement as well as copy of the reciept the day I rented it with my signature, and then a copy of the receipt they should have when it was returned? Thanks a bunch

Movie rental businesses are the worst. They don't make their money from renting movies for $3 a night. Their money comes from late fees, rewind fees, and another other ingenious ways they can come up with to extort money.

Try writing to their corporate offices. Just don't hold your breath.

I have worked with them in the past but over a cable company bill. Have you received any letters from them?

I paid very close attention to the dates and what the letters said. In Sept. they sent a letter stating that if I did not pay they would report my to the CRA's. Here's where I caught them, they had already been reporting since June. I sent them a short but sweet intent to sue letter and POOF! they were gone, they also sent me a nice letter apologizing for their reporting error.

I currently have sent them a DV on another account and am waiting to hear back.

Good Luck!

I have dealt with credit protection twice with two old cable bills. Both time I got them removed after I sent two DV letters then the intent to sue letter. They both fell off in about 15 days after that.

I am a mortgage broker and had the same thing happen with a client I was working with. I printed off the debt validation letter from this website and he sent it to them. They replied w/in 30 days with a letter stating they were removing it from his credit report.

Good Luck

I just sent in my DV to these people today. It is an old cable bill(roomate situation :x ..you know won't ever make that mistake again). Hopefully it will come off easy.........

I have dealt with credit protection twice with two old cable bills. Both time I got them removed after I sent two DV letters then the intent to sue letter. They both fell off in about 15 days after that.

Yep me too. They fold fast, one of the easiest to get rid of.

Hope you guys are right, sent the leter today. This will be the second to the last to remove besides the 8 student loan tradelines that I am having a nightmare with.

Hope you guys are right, sent the leter today. This will be the second to the last to remove besides the 8 student loan tradelines that I am having a nightmare with.

Yeah well if Hollywood Video still gives you trouble, you can nail them for reporting false tradelines under the FCRA, since it was returned on time, they have cause to charge for lates.