Experience w/ Chevron credit builder card???

ceowens

I applied for a Chevron card and they pulled my Equifax. :cry: So, of course I was only offered the credit builder card. I got a letter asking me to send them $30 for the yearly fee, but it gave no other details as to what credit limit would be or anything. I hate to have an inquiry and not get anything out of it. If I accept this and send the $30, what can I expect? Anybody have a Chevron credit builder acct.? What kind of credit limit did they give? Increases?? Thanks.

Before you even apply for gas cards to build your credit, you have to contact their corporate offices and talk to their credit department.

Often times, these easy cards do NOT report to the CRAs. They will check your credit but will not report.

That happened with my Texaco card. I was paying making my payments faithfully for like six months. I thought it was just taking a long time to get them to report. I called them up and they told me that they do not report to the credit bureaus unless I go delinquent.

The whole time I thought I was doing something good for my credit but instead I just getting the chorizo.

Although these kind of cards may be easy to get, you have to contact these outfits ahead of time and ensure that they will report to the CRAs.

I have the rebuilder card, w/ 300 dllr limit. I really havent had any problems with the card, and they have reported to all three.

So, you sent them $30 and they gave you a limit of $300?? I can deal with that. I was afraid it was going to be a secured deal and they were going to require a big deposit. As long as they report to all 3. I have no Chevron in my area anyway, and wpould only use it when we travel. Thanks for the response.