New, please help! Late student loan repair

maraqtdoll

Newbie with old school problem:

I've got two student loans with Citibank. From March to June I was late (120 days) and then they went into forbearance. Citibank made the forbearance date retroactive- from January to December. They told me that their system no longer shows me as being late but that they had already reported the 120 days to the CRA's...and once its on my credit it's out of their hands.

I tried to appeal to Citibank, wrote them a letter pleading for them to take the lates off my credit. Gave them a sob story about trying to consolidate my loans and I can't if they've messed up my credit. I wasn't compelling enough because, they denied me. I'm now going to try some credit repair and need to know the best ways to go about this.

Someone wrote something about how returning to school part time gets the lates off, is this true? and does this work with Citi? They are one of the hardest student loan companies.

any tactics at this point would be so well appreciated. So far, I've disputed them online using "not mine". I'm lost from there if they deny me again.

Help!...pleeease.... :cry:

Yes. I've had a similar situation with Great Lakes. They told me to dispute with the CRAs and the tradeline will be updated. If they're no longer reporting lates on your file, there's no reason not to update that when they receive a dispute (if it's off their computer, how can they verify the late dates?).

Dispute with the CRAs as "to be updated to paid as agreed/never late per agreement with Citi". Tell the CRA Citi told you to dispute with them and it will be updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Just dispute it as suggested. If it comes back verified, you'll know there's no way they could have possibly have verified it (since there's no record on the system), and now have more solid footing to take the next step since it's now a violation of the FCRA.

From March to June I was late (120 days) and then they went into forbearance. Citibank made the forbearance date retroactive- from January to December. They told me that their system no longer shows me as being late but that they had already reported the 120 days to the CRA's...and once its on my credit it's out of their hands.

Since Citibank has told you the above, why not try to get them to state that in writing.

Make up some kind of lie like you are dealing with the IRS or the Department of Education or you are turning in an application to the FBI, etc...

And you need something in writing stating about that retroactive forebearance. Whatever kind of story you can make, if Citibank can produce such a letter and send it to you, then you have something that you can send the CRAs.

• 4 weeks later...