Good Girl Gone BAD.. Fingerhut

pjwife27

I've so had it with that company. I just filed a BBB complaint and if its not resolved I'm going to sue once I get back to the states.

I have sent in DV's (no response) Verified twice with all three CRA's and they all came back verified.

Little background, fingerhut is listing my old charge off from 2000 on DH's credit report. First round, came back verified as AU. same, second. From my understanding, AU are not responsible for the other persons debt. Also, I never added him as a AU, I know because I hid the account from him!! (dumb on my part) So I want it taken off! doesn't seem like it would be that hard.

I know that if they try to say I wrote payment checks to them with his name on the checking account, blah, blah thats where they got his name. Well, GA is a no-fault state, so they can't use that one if they do try.

GRRRRR!! :evil:

The first posts I ever made was about this company, I hope the nightmare ends! lol

I've so had it with that company. I just filed a BBB complaint and if its not resolved I'm going to sue once I get back to the states.

I have sent in DV's (no response) Verified twice with all three CRA's and they all came back verified.

Little background, fingerhut is listing my old charge off from 2000 on DH's credit report. First round, came back verified as AU. same, second. From my understanding, AU are not responsible for the other persons debt. Also, I never added him as a AU, I know because I hid the account from him!! (dumb on my part) So I want it taken off! doesn't seem like it would be that hard.

I know that if they try to say I wrote payment checks to them with his name on the checking account, blah, blah thats where they got his name. Well, GA is a no-fault state, so they can't use that one if they do try.

GRRRRR!! :evil:

The first posts I ever made was about this company, I hope the nightmare ends! lol

You validated CMRRR and have the green cards? I assume you sent copies of the green cards to the CRA with your disputes??? Hmmmmmm... Have you tried demanding procedural request from the CRA to see how they are verifying this information??? Has DH disputed CO on his credit as "not mine"? I'm just realizing that you are in Japan. I bet it takes longer to get everything done with the extended mail time, huh? What a pain that would be. Military??? Aren't there like special rules concerning credit while on active duty or something like that? I'm not educated on the military stuff. Wish I had more suggestions.

Also, I never added him as a AU, I know because I hid the account from him!!

How did they get his SSN if he was not on the application? If he wasn't on the application then it would be an FCRA violation putting it on his CR.

Military??? Aren't there like special rules concerning credit while on active duty or something like that?

Amendments to the FCRA concerning military personnel went into effect January 1, 2004 under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003.

BTW this act also lets you get one free credit report with FICO score and explination of derrogatives from each of the CRAs per calendar year. No need to wait to be denied credit to get the freebie.

Well, yeah I have done it all owens. I've wrote one last, nasty letter to fingerhut and wrote to their BBB site, so we'll see what happens there. It is frustrating being over here.

I have no idea how they got his social! the only thing I can think of is that he had his own account a year later and closed it because he didn't like it, do you think they somehow cross-refereneced? I don't know.

The SSRA does not cover us because DH is not deployed. We're just on a normal rotation over here.

Methus, I didn't know we could get a free report, thanks for that. :o

Well, yeah I have done it all owens. I've wrote one last, nasty letter to fingerhut and wrote to their BBB site, so we'll see what happens there. It is frustrating being over here.

I have no idea how they got his social! the only thing I can think of is that he had his own account a year later and closed it because he didn't like it, do you think they somehow cross-refereneced? I don't know.

The SSRA does not cover us because DH is not deployed. We're just on a normal rotation over here.

Methus, I didn't know we could get a free report, thanks for that. :o

Are you dealing with Fingerhut directly on this one? There's no CA that took it over?

I love your new avitar pj

I think I talked to that rep yesterday afternoon.

Back to topic:

The BBB is very limited in what they can do - it's more or less a warning to other consumers of their practices - whoooopie.

If you're having a serious problem with a CA, file a complaint with the AG in the state the CA is in. Although the FTC will not act on individual complaints, they do keep a record of all complaints and can move on them if it is in the interest of the consumer as a whole. File a complaint with them as well. You can probably do both online.

thats what people look like when they see me with no makeup :shock:

Yes, I am dealing directly with them. It has NEVER been assigned to a CA. Can you believe that? I know the BBB is limited in what they can do , but I more or less it did it as another thing to try. I just trying everything I can.

As well you should take every route available. I'm just not personally a big fan of the BBB and their idea of mediation (ie: 5 minutes of quiet time).

I assumed it was with a CA because you said DV. Validation is something more commonly reserved for CAs....

An AU is not responsible for the debt, but they will get the history reported. Anyway, Fingerhut has had plenty of oportunity to investigate and correct the situation. They chose to be arrogant about it - report them to the AG's Office. That will force them to get out of their chairs, walk over to the file cabinet, and realize they screwed up.

An ancient Fingerhut account that was past SOL, and handed over to RJM was being a very pesky bugger on my EX CR. After two DV's to RJM and getting nowhere but more nonsense & EX verifying it, I filed with the AG and BBB and two days later, on Sunday afternoon, it was gone. I think adding the AG complaint would definitely help out. Most AG's allow for online filing :)

I had thought that all of Fingerhuts accounts had been sold to either RJM or NCO (I think for more recent ones). I'm surprised there's even anyone to contact at Fingerhut these days! :o

You can't get anyone on the phone, theres no phone number to call. You can only do everything in writing, which is good I guess. Its very weird they never sent it to a CA, I wonder if this will make the whole process for ME to get it off my report?

As well you should take every route available. I'm just not personally a big fan of the BBB and their idea of mediation (ie: 5 minutes of quiet time).

Yeah, and last time I cecked the BBB was charging people ten bucks to file a complaint.

Yeah, and last time I cecked the BBB was charging people ten bucks to file a complaint.

Nope, I filed last week, and it's free. I don't know of anyone who charges fees to file consumer complaints.

Must just be the Chicago office then.