CAMCO-They just dont get it...

Anonymous

Ring-Ring-Caller id says: CAMCO

me: Hello

CA: Is this John?

me: Nope, I'm still not John. I've told you this over and over and you just dont get it.

CA: Is this J (my real name)

me: Yep-Still not John, still never was John.

CA: Can you ask John to call us.

me: Nope-because I dont know John.

CA: Oh

me: Whats your name?

CA: Scott Lawson

me: hey Scott, does your computer tell you that your office received a C&D letter from me today?

CA: Uh-no. You sent a C&D letter?

me: Sure did-and you just violated it. Thanks for calling and have a great day.

Click.

ROFL !!!

NO, SCAMCO will NEVER 'get it' because these bozos either think you're John and lying to them, or you KNOW "John" and won't tell them. They are a pack of rabid chimps with a script and limited vocabulary.

Scott's letters and the info he gave you WILL get rid of them, but it may take a little time for it to sink down to SCAMCO's level.

I went on my tirade earlier today about that. The only way this problem is going to be taken care of is if 1) people are made aware of their rights, and 2) CA’s face the possibility of having their licenses revoked for multiple violations of the FDCPA.

I go to ripoffreport.com and am amazed by the number of people that believe they have no rights as consumers. Almost 90% of the posts end with “there should be a law”. It’s frightening. That can only lead me to believe that not only is consumer ignorance rampant, but our legislators really don’t know what’s going on out there – they can only see the green being waived in their faces by special interest (ie: American Collectors Association).

Dammit, you got me going again and I've broken the soapbox.....lol

:lol:

Personally, I don't think CA's ever care. Since Arrow received my DV & limited C&D on 2/27, they have violated 5 times with 4 phone calls and one bill. Caller ID is a handy way to track violation phone calls as well. :wink:

I've got 3 dozen so far on NCO trying to get hold of my wife. C&D/DV sent in October. About half the time it comes up NCOGRPHCS the rest as UNKNOWN. Good thing my answer machine time/date stamps all their messages. Always the same thing too:

"Ahhh, this is James Harris. Please return my call at <phone number>..."

Even when I've picked up the phone it's the same recorded message. I called the # back once at 3am just to see what it led to and they call themselves NCO arbitration. What a crock. They are so stupid.

:)

That's kinda funny, I believe NCO comes up as "ASK" on my Caller ID. No one ever leaves messages. My voice mail says explicitly that you must leave your name, #, and brief explanation of why you are calling, or that your call will NOT be returned. So...they just don't leave anything.

I think I have just a few on NCO right now. I haven't paid as much attention because they're not as bluntly annoying as Arrow is (to me, right now). I don't know how NCO deals with AG/SOS/BBB complaints and the like.

I went on my tirade earlier today about that. The only way this problem is going to be taken care of is if 1) people are made aware of their rights, and 2) CA’s face the possibility of having their licenses revoked for multiple violations of the FDCPA.

I go to ripoffreport.com and am amazed by the number of people that believe they have no rights as consumers. Almost 90% of the posts end with “there should be a law”. It’s frightening. That can only lead me to believe that not only is consumer ignorance rampant, but our legislators really don’t know what’s going on out there – they can only see the green being waived in their faces by special interest (ie: American Collectors Association).

Dammit, you got me going again and I've broken the soapbox.....lol

Well, that's the thing. What's it matter to have laws set forth like the FDCPA if it doesn't matter if they're enforced and followed. If you have no consequence for your actions, then most people (especially those that lack ethics) have no need to monitor theirs.

Found this interesting post at the ripoffreport.com site re SCAMCO:

I worked for Camco and developed health problems due to the stress of that job. They are a fraudgelent company and all their money filters through their Jamaica office, they get a grant for every person they hire . Each person has to collect so many thousands of dollars a month to meet a quota. If they dont meet their quota they get fired so the managers can meet their quota, thats where the big dollars are at. They train you for a week on the FDCPA laws. After training your told in order to collect money you have to break the laws. If you dont you go to what they call a bitch meeting where you get cussed at and treated like an animal.

They will go as far as changing ss#'s on accounts to get people who were vulnerable the first time to pay again.

There is absolutely nothing Camco can do to harm anyone's credit, thats just a scare tactic.

If your smart you'll tape record them breaking the law's, because they do on every call.

I have so much scum on this company im not going to waste any more of my time on this company.

Well they certainly can harm you by putting the old accounts back on your report... rat bastards!

:lol:

Personally, I don't think CA's ever care. Since Arrow received my DV & limited C&D on 2/27, they have violated 5 times with 4 phone calls and one bill. Caller ID is a handy way to track violation phone calls as well. :wink:

I've got 3 dozen so far on NCO trying to get hold of my wife. C&D/DV sent in October. About half the time it comes up NCOGRPHCS the rest as UNKNOWN. Good thing my answer machine time/date stamps all their messages. Always the same thing too:

"Ahhh, this is James Harris. Please return my call at <phone number>..."

Even when I've picked up the phone it's the same recorded message. I called the # back once at 3am just to see what it led to and they call themselves NCO arbitration. What a crock. They are so stupid.

All collection and sales calls show up as OUT OF AREA on my caller ID. Part of me wants to answer so I can catch someone violating. Another is scared of getting roped into a phone argument and saying something stupid. I need a script....just enough to get the name of the CA and then a response to get rid of them. Ideas? Nobody ever leaves a message....they just listen all the way thru the message and then hang up. So, I get like 10 hang ups on my machine. :evil:

I need a script....just enough to get the name of the CA and then a response to get rid of them. Ideas? Nobody ever leaves a message....they just listen all the way thru the message and then hang up. So, I get like 10 hang ups on my machine. :evil:

"Hello Camco, Thanks for calling again, to whom am I speaking? Great Idiot, so nice to hear from you again today, oh, by the way, do you mind that I'm recording this call since you probably are already and failed to notify me. No-Great. And would you mind telling me the date, I seem to have misplaced my calendar. Oh its March 10th, 2004 you say? Well that makes it 2 days since your office recieved my C&D letter. You just violated it again! Thanks for calling and I guess I'll be talking to you again soon since you call every day. Buh Bye!"

I almost look forward to these calls now... but they havent called yet today. I'm feeling unwanted!!!!!

Well if I answer a call and I'm not sure of who it is by the ID, then I just take messages for myself (I'm my own personal secretary!). I don't ask in what it's regarding, since they will say "personal financial matter". But just ask the name of the company. If they refuse to give it, then you can tell them that so&so does not take calls from those who refuse to even identify themselves or their company (I like to act mockingly offended and shocked by the companies shadiness).

If they try to be stinkers and don't want to leave their info (even after such a polite inquiry so you can take a proper message), then just take their number down and call them back after 11pm or so. Preferably from an unlisted/blocked number.

Those are some tactics I have employed. I am a silly girl. :o

If they try to be stinkers and don't want to leave their info (even after such a polite inquiry so you can take a proper message), then just take their number down and call them back after 11pm or so. Preferably from an unlisted/blocked number.

Those are some tactics I have employed. I am a silly girl. :o

I seem to recall something in the FDCPA that says that CAs can't conceal or misrepresent their identities...If they refuse to identify themselves you can always hit them up under the Federal telecommunication Act for harrassing calls (felony btw)

I'm loving these responses. :D So, as of today I am my own secretary. I'll be taking messages for the residents of this house. I also changed the message on our machine. Instead of saying"you've reached the ...... residence" now it just says "you've reached whatever number". No need telling them who we are. I've got a little log book by the phone. Anxiously awaiting a CA call........ :twisted:

I'm loving these responses. :D So, as of today I am my own secretary. I'll be taking messages for the residents of this house. I also changed the message on our machine. Instead of saying"you've reached the ...... residence" now it just says "you've reached whatever number". No need telling them who we are. I've got a little log book by the phone. Anxiously awaiting a CA call........ :twisted:

Our machine message is: "You have reached <number>. No one is available to take your call right now. Please leave your name, return number, reason for your call, and if this is a business call, your company name. Calls lacking any portion of this information will not be returned. This number is on the National Do-Not-Call Registry."

Remember the FDCPA says that if you ask for the CAs identity, they MUST provide it. That last little bit was added to deal with telemarketers (who don't seem to be obeying the law either.).

A lot of CAs refuse to leave their company information because doing so may disclose that they are a collection agency, and therefore could be construed as 3rd party disclosure of a debt (FDCPA violation). I also hear a lot of collectors that say "please tell so-and-so that I called and it is VERY IMPORTANT that they call me back." Which I tell them could also be construed as a violation of the FDCPA by creating a false sense of urgency.

This number is on the National Do-Not-Call Registry."

Remember the FDCPA says that if you ask for the CAs identity, they MUST provide it. That last little bit was added to deal with telemarketers (who don't seem to be obeying the law either.).

Things to remember about the DNC registry:

It does not apply to non-profits (charitys most notably).

It does not apply to companies that have a pre-existing business relationship with you (within the last 18 months). That means that if you have a Sprint local telephone line, they can call and ask you to switch to Sprint long distance. Sucks...

Things to remember about the DNC registry:

It does not apply to non-profits (charitys most notably).

It does not apply to companies that have a pre-existing business relationship with you (within the last 18 months). That means that if you have a Sprint local telephone line, they can call and ask you to switch to Sprint long distance. Sucks...

Yeah, but I get calls from places like Dish-Networks, etc., accountants looking for tax filers, etc. which I have never had a prior relationship with.

Also, keep in mind that the FTC has required for years that all companies that use TM to keep their own database and stop calling if you tell them to, even if they have a prior relationship. So that doesn't really float.

Also, keep in mind that the FTC has required for years that all companies that use TM to keep their own database and stop calling if you tell them to, even if they have a prior relationship. So that doesn't really float.

Mmm true, I know the company I work for maintains our internal DNC, the individual state DNCs and the Fed DNC. But there are exceptions. For example if one of our customers calls for cust. svc. and we cant get them an answer right away, we are allowed to call them back. We just have to be careful not to offer any additional products or services with the call back. Additionally, we can call them for service related questions 'Are you enjoying your vacations with us? Would you mind completing a survey?' That sort of thing. During these types of calls, if the consumer requests additional information about a product or service, there is another relationship established. Anyway, as always, nothing is absolute!

Cheers and Happy Friday!! Its almost Happy hour here!

Personally.. I adore my littel phone recording machine thingy.

Indiana is a one party only recording state.

I put on my recorder and answer every single out of area or unkown name unknown number for the DH

I made one collector so mad the other night.

He kept yelling

"don't you hang up on me dont you dare hang up on me I'll keep calling you back if you hang up on me"

I was like

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful evening

I laugh my butt off...I find it fun as all get out to annoy the crap ourra these people

Personally.. I adore my littel phone recording machine thingy.

Indiana is a one party only recording state.

Indiana may be a one party State, but that doesn't count if the CA is not in Indiana. The Federal rules apply if the call crosses State lines. You have to let them know you are recording in that case or it's not admissable in court (and may even land you in trouble).