Household Bank pre-approval offer

A little history..... 2 weeks ago I was approved for an Orchard Bank MC. Got it this week with a $750 credit limit. WOO! HOO! So, today I go to the mailbox to find a pre-approval offer for a Household Bank Gold MC. But, it was sent to me with my maiden name on it (which I think still shows up with Exp). I have opted out on my reports for these offers. So, I know they had to get the info when they pulled me for Orchard card. Why are they teasing me like this?? Is this a trick?? Are they setting me up for DENIAL???? I really need some positive TLs. I'm just scared to take the bait on this one. Advise??

Just checked out the Household website. It says in plain english in the FAQ part that "currently you may have only one Household credit card". So, why offer me a second.....unless the maiden name makes them think I am someone else. Hmmmmm.... I was thinking that several of you had the "Household Trifecta"...GM, Corvette, Union Plus. So, whay does the website say you can only have 1 household card? Ultimately, I just want to know whether or not to apply. :?:oops: It would be peachy to have 2 active TLs. :)

When they say not more than 1 Household card I believe that they mean that you cannot have 2 cards that actually are Household bank (whether it is the Gold or the one with Blue Bubbles). I'm not sure but it may be possible to have an Orchard and a Household Gold at the same time. I have the Household card with the blue bubbles and I also have Corvette & UP which are issued by Household. It couldn't hurt to give them a call and ask.

Good luck!

paw67

When they say not more than 1 Household card I believe that they mean that you cannot have 2 cards that actually are Household bank (whether it is the Gold or the one with Blue Bubbles). I'm not sure but it may be possible to have an Orchard and a Household Gold at the same time. I have the Household card with the blue bubbles and I also have Corvette & UP which are issued by Household. It couldn't hurt to give them a call and ask.

Good luck!

paw67

Thanks for the response. I sent them an e-mail. Waiting to see what happens.

from what I have read on here, you can have more than one household card.

Since you got such a good credit line, I'm assuming that your credit is good enough for their better cards, ie, the offer you got in the mail. Its probably just their way of saying "come apply for our better card" maybe?

I don't see why they would be tricking you unless you had an old bad debt from them under your maiden name?

from what I have read on here, you can have more than one household card.

Since you got such a good credit line, I'm assuming that your credit is good enough for their better cards, ie, the offer you got in the mail. Its probably just their way of saying "come apply for our better card" maybe?

I don't see why they would be tricking you unless you had an old bad debt from them under your maiden name?

Never done business with Household....so no past debts. I really didn't mean a purposeful trick as much as a random meaningless offer that was generated by some computer and that I have no chance of being approved for. You know me, PJ, the fraidy cat. I'm scared of the "d" word....denied. I'm waiting for an e-mail response. And I guess I'll go from there. The flip side is.....if I was to get approved for 2 credit cards in as many weeks I might just soil myself with excitement! :shock:

I was having a "what the hell" moment last night and got the courage to accept the pre-approved offer. So, I went to the website, plugged in my code, hit the "submit application" button and waited. And the whole time I'm waiting you know the only thing I can think is what a huge mistake I had just made by pressing that button....and how I am going to have a second inquiry with a big fat DENIAL to go with it.....and how stupid I was to get anxious and not assert more control in submitting credit applications. And just when I was about to stroke out over my hastiness a message pops up....... YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED! CREDIT LIMIT $500! :shock: OMG!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! 2 new tradelines in 2 weeks time! WOO! HOO! Now, I just have to chill out, let these TLs report, let a couple of disputes settle and see what happens. Thanks to all of you on this board! 2 months ago I thought I was doomed to a life without credit! :BigDance: And, as if getting credit wasn't enough......I started a new diet and this morning was weigh in day and I am down 7 pounds! Damn! LIFE IS GOOD TODAY!!!!!!! :D