Please Review my Letter

almostthere2

This company has been paid by the insurance company (I think, can't find EOB) Even so, the SOL for this type of account is 5 years in kentucky (I think I've got that right!)

How does this letter sound? Please note date of account was 03-15-1999 and that is exactly 5 years from Monday!

RE: Account XXXXXXX in the amount of $XXX.XX (Open account from March 15th, 1999)

Notice to Cease Communications

To whom it may concern,

This is to advise you that pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) 15 USC §1692c©, you are hereby notified to immediately terminate any contact with me, or any members of my family or household, regarding any matter concerning the collection of a debt you allege is owed to your company or to your principal/customer/client, the original creditor noted above. This notice shall include, but is not limited to written correspondence, as well as telephonic communication. You are advised that:

____ I refuse to pay this debt because:

____ The debt is legally unenforceable due to expired statute of limitations

____ Humana has already paid the debt and as such it is not mine

____ Please also be advised that you may not contact me at my place of employment because my employer prohibits me from receiving such communications.

___ I simply wish you to cease all communication (mail, phone calls or other) with me or any member of my household. This includes my place of employment. I do not admit or deny liability on the debt. I just want you to stop contacting me.

____Also please note: If this item shows up on my credit reports, you will be in direct violation of the FDCPA because it is a legally unenforceable debt

I intend to keep a log of any contacts you make with me after today. I am aware that further communications by you will make you liable for sums up to $1000, plus actual damages and counsel fees. You may contact me ONLY to tell me that you are ceasing communications.

I assure you I take my rights very seriously. I will contact my attorney the moment you step outside the law.

Sincerely,

Almostthere2