follow up to dv

megahurtzzz

Does anyone have a good follow up letter to an un-answered dv to CA.

I dv Arrow, back in sept 2003, and they never responded. Fast-forward to today, and they sent me a settlement offer! :x

I have the receipt and the original dv/letter, i was planning on sending them a copy with a follow up letter.

They have not reported to EX, TU,EQ!! Im afraid they will pretty soon.

any advice??

Right off the bat, they are in violation of the FDCPA for sending you a settlement offer without having validated the debt. If they report to the CRAs without having validated the debt, that's another violation. Did you ever get a mini-miranda from them? Maybe you can sue them for enough to pay the bill :wink:

Dear Arrow Financial,

I sent you a request for validation in September 2003, to which I have had no response. Once again, I am asserting my rights to under the FDCPA and demanding that you send me a full and complete validation of the debt you say I owe you.

Also, let me reiterate that I do not wish to coomunicate regarding this matter except in writing.

Sincerely,

megahurtzzz

Please don't get me started on Arrow! Check out the collections board. My complaint to the AG is going out this week(got sidetracked, new job! yeah) They are SCUM :evil: I had some success using the AG route with other CA's so here goes....