Anybody know where I can find out . . .

Newlywed

what the interest rate is on a daily basis? I know it fluctuates. I'm in the process of refinancing my mortgage & want to follow the interest rates on my own so I don't have to talk to a banker or go to a bank every single day to see if the rates have gone up or decreased. Can I find this info online somewhere? Thanks!

If you want to follow the "raw" rates, that all fixed mortgages are based on, this is an interesting site. Can be very interesting to watch some days. I dont follow it normally, as the loans that I do are based on indexes that dont move much, like LIBOR, COFI, COSI, CODI etc, but lately I am doing a few "prime rate loans" so following every few hours. I dont play the interest rate game, but let my clients do.

If I could just figure out for certain what rates were going to do, then I would just do the mortgage business for fun,and make my living on the market. I felt that I knew what things were going to do, then 3/11 happened, and things changed.

Here is the link:

http://money.cnn.com/images/bond_center/graphs/tenyearyield.png

Charles