bumping hard inquiries

It only works on EQ and TU. You need to sign up with PG and pull daily. If you have a membership on EQ that helps too. The more softs you create, the less space in their db for hards.

It averages 3 - 4 months of daily pulls.

It works differently on each one, too. EQ for me is being a stubborn mule...they've only bumped like 3. TU, after about 3 months of pulling has knocked all but one (and it's an insurance INQ, apparently those are coded to stick more so than others).

Watch for a split file though...those are apparently a booger to deal with.

Ok, I just signed up for Privacy Guard. Can someone now tell me what I do to start knocking off the hard inquiries? Do I simply need to sign on and off for a soft to show up and start knocking off the hards?

Thank You, Debtfree

First of all, if you get a split file, it's possible you won't see some of your info....or maybe you won't see any of it. Credit files are only supposed to hold so much information, and once they go past that point, it could split and cause 2 separate files, thus your info disappearing. Make sure you watch for several things going at once (if you didn't dispute them).

Now...once you're a member of PG...

Everyday you can go to the site and access a new report. Just go to their site, log in, and go to 'credit center'. On the left column, you'll see a link to order your report...click on it (3B report or something like that). That will take you to the order page, where you'll fill in the necessary info (no credit card stuff unless you're ordering extra items). Click 'order' at the bottom...notice it says $0. There ya go. You can order a new one everyday. That will start your bumpage. :)

Oops...sorry. I had me some pizza and beer waiting!

Yeah, sounds like you did everything right! Now you can do that same thing everyday to start the soft inquiries piling up (which is good), which will start bumping those hard ones.

Keep in mind, that could take a long time to happen, but once it does, it usually goes fast. My inqs didn't start disappearing until about 50 pulls...then within a week, TU bumped all but one inq and EQ bumped several.

Keep after it!

I have always gotten Equifax to remove inquiries by just writing a letter saying I did not authorize those inq (once I even said I was out of the country, so there is no way those could be mine :wink: ) I have gotten all the inq off of EQ that I wanted off by using this method. I only had minimal success with experian doing this, and none with TU so far.

C m chase, Cabledude, or anyone,

Please, I am just wanting to make sure I am doing this right. When you first sign up for PG is it suppose to ask for your credit card number twice. It asked for mine twice.

And each day when you go through the routine of signing on to the 3b report should it look as if you are ordering for the first time? Should it give you a new order number each time, and state that your report will appear momentarily? Thanks again, Debtfree

When you first sign up, just fill in all the info they ask for....as long as you're not buying any additional stuff. If you're seeing the 2nd credit card place on the order form, you DO NOT have to put your cc number in unless you're ordering the simulator or whatever. If you're just ordering a new report, you don't need it.

Everytime you order a new report, it should look like you're ordering for the first time, yes. You'll have to fill in your ss# and click agree everyday. And it'll give you the new report #, etc.

You're doing it right. :)