Disputed not mine, all came back verified!

nusteem

I disputed several TL and all came back verified or Updated. What is a good follow up letter to have these removed?

First, send a letter to the CRAs asking for complete disclosue of the verification procedure with names, addresses, and tel numbers of anyone they contacted. They are required by law under the FCRA to provide you with this information. Give them 30 days to supply it to you. Until you find out how it was verified, you can't do much else.

Next time, include in your 1st dispute letter that you want their reply to include their validation method so you won't have to wait 30 extra days.

I've heard TU is reporting "verified" on some items without actually doing the investigation, so making sure they supply the disclosure of how they verified is more important than ever when disputing something on your CR.

Next time, include in your 1st dispute letter that you want their reply to include their validation method so you won't have to wait 30 extra days.

Has the CB ever gave you a procedural with this method. I have never been able to get a procedural to this day. Was just curious??

Has the CB ever gave you a procedural with this method. I have never been able to get a procedural to this day. Was just curious??

Only once. And the procedure they used was a crock of doggie-poo. Said they only had to match their database with the furnisher's database and that the furnisher signed a contract promising to provide only accurate info. Threatened to sue their butts for violating the FCRA if they didn't remove the tradeline and they took it off.

If you've asked for a procedural and they fail to respond, sue em. It's an easy $1000. FCRA Sec 611a(7).

Oh and I have a correction. They have to give your the procedure in 15 days, not 30.

Yeah they do have 15 days but what the hay, if you request it along with a dispute they should send that along with the dispute results. Would be the logical thing to do, but then again we are talking about the CBs. Yeah I need to start sueing for every violation that comes my way. Might have better luck at getting thing deleted faster. I have been doing this for over 9 months now and still haven't hit the 600 mark yet.

Yeah that is is true cincity, thats what I normally do. I was thinking that by doing that you could speed up the process and they maybe will get back to you in 35 days and you could save that money spent on the extra letter. Hey I thought I was the only one from Creditboards over here :shock:

Yeah you are right on that one!!! One day with all of this info we can educate alot of people and we can take a stand against these CBs!! That day needs to hurry up and get here. I am only on here, CB and CN, was on Creditreportrights.com, but they turned ghost. Sorry of hijacking the thread.

But if you ask for PR in you initial dispute that gives them 15 more days to complete their investigation, for a total of 45 days to complete the investigation and another 5 for mailing. Seems to me the thing to do would be just dispute and wait for results then send PR request.

Not true. The FCRA says they have 15 days from the day they receive notice. If that clock is overlapped by the 30 day investigation it does not give them bonus time.

Also by including the PR with the dispute, they can't say it's an invonvenience to dig up the records of what they did. The person doing the investigation just dumps their notes in with the results.

Methuss Wrote:

Not true. The FCRA says they have 15 days from the day they receive notice. If that clock is overlapped by the 30 day investigation it does not give them bonus time.

Also by including the PR with the dispute, they can't say it's an invonvenience to dig up the records of what they did. The person doing the investigation just dumps their notes in with the results.

Cmon now!! how can they send you the PR request when they have not completed the investigation they have 30 days to complete the investigation. The investigation takes precedent over the PR request because you cant answer a PR request until the investigation is complete for which they have 30 days and if you include that PR request it just tacks on 15 more days. So lets say you send it with the initial request how can they have 15 days to respond to your PR if they have not completed the investigation :?::?:

I was just thinking the same thing when I read that post. But hey if it has worked for him then thats good. Problem is, if the bureaus wanted to stop doing that later down the road, legally they could. Me personally even though it sounds like a great idea I wouldn't do it. Would want to get my feeling hurt when they give me my results 45 days later. Gives them more time to investigate to me.

Methuss Wrote:

Cmon now!! how can they send you the PR request when they have not completed the investigation they have 30 days to complete the investigation. The investigation takes precedent over the PR request because you cant answer a PR request until the investigation is complete for which they have 30 days and if you include that PR request it just tacks on 15 more days. So lets say you send it with the initial request how can they have 15 days to respond to your PR if they have not completed the investigation :?::?:

You're missing the point completely. There is nothing in the FCRA that says you have to wait for the investigation results before asking for the method. You just state you want the method with the results. They look for every reason to get the 15 day extension anyways. Just calling for the status can trigger the extra 15 days. I typically wait 45 days after sending a dispute before sending violation notices in any case, just so there's no cris-crossing of mail.

Like I said in the earlier thread I have had success with getting method as part of the investigation results. The CRAs either provide it or they don't and get spanked for FCRA violations...it's that simple.

I get what you are saying and I thought of that too. Its just the fact that in case you have to litigate how that would stand in front of the judge. But yeah it is a loophole you can definately use. Matter of fact I will try it out when I send out these disputes tomorrow. I wiil post the outcome, which will probally be some stupid form letter of theirs.

back in 2002 I disputed a few things on my CR as not mine..some fell off, about 3 were verified...they still exist today "as verified in 2002"...should I dispute again or should I ask the cr how were they verified???

There's no time limit within the FCRA on asking the CRA for the process. But they do have a time limit. Likely it will result in re-investigatation since they won't have their notes from 2 years ago.

Has anyone ever gotten an explanation as to why the CRA's routinely refuse PR's? It's right in Section 611 but they continue getting away with it.

Because they can... its cheaper to violate the law than to follow it would be my guess. And of course since they really are not doing any verification at all, the PR responses would show that and they dont want to admit that.

Yeah it does sound like one, but from what I have read no lawyer wants to do it. Now the AG or the FTC is a different story, if enough people complain about it. I am sure between here and the other CR boards out there, there are roughly 20,000 members. If everyone complained to both I am sure a lawsuit will happen.

But to answer the question, yeah you should just dispute them again and go from there. You might be lucky and they fall right off.

back in 2002 I disputed a few things on my CR as not mine..some fell off, about 3 were verified...they still exist today "as verified in 2002"...should I dispute again or should I ask the cr how were they verified???

There's no time limit within the FCRA on asking the CRA for the process. But they do have a time limit. Likely it will result in re-investigatation since they won't have their notes from 2 years ago.

any examples on how I should word the verification letter to the cra's?

Methuss thanks for all of the good info., but do you have a sample letter of what you sent the CRAs. I have liens I am trying to get off.

I have already disputed with the CRAs. They came back verified, so now I am about to send a letter to the courthouse asking for a letter stating that they do not verify with the CRAs.

Next, I need a letter for the CRAs asking for there validation method.

Methuss, lastly could you tell us a little more about how and what you got off by doing this? It sounds like you just disputed and asked for a PR. Based on their response you threatened to sue and they relented.

Thank you, Debtfree