CAPITAL ONE

klymax77

Hi all, I have an old debt with CAP 1, and they actually report to all 3 CRA that i opened an account 9/99 and it was sent to collection (DOLA) on 9/99 i have disputede this as "Not Mine" about 3 times with the CRA and everytime came back as verified. I have since DV CAP 1, should i just wait my 45 days or dispute again as fraud. Thanks

While DV'ing an OC never hurts, it reallly doesn't give you alot of ammo since they aren't bound by the FDCPA.

Have you gotten rid of all your old addresses? I.E. Getting a mailboxes etc box, changing all the bills to it, then having the CRA delete all the old addresses? This worked wonders for me with OC's I had been disputing for about 6 months.

I.E. Getting a mailboxes etc box, changing all the bills to it, then having the CRA delete all the old addresses? This worked wonders for me with OC's I had been disputing for about 6 months.

Mailboxes etc is now 'The UPS Store'... but they still rent boxes...

Hi all, I have an old debt with CAP 1, and they actually report to all 3 CRA that i opened an account 9/99 and it was sent to collection (DOLA) on 9/99 i have disputede this as "Not Mine" about 3 times with the CRA and everytime came back as verified. I have since DV CAP 1, should i just wait my 45 days or dispute again as fraud. Thanks

Have you asked the CRAs to provide method for validation? Sometimes all they do is match their database up with CapOne's and never even pick up the phone. Time and again TU has been busted for this since that is not verification by legal standards.

There should be, just do a search for Procedural letter and you can go from there. I just joined here yesterday so I am not sure what direction I can point you. I am sure there is one circulating around here somewhere.

No, i didnt ask the CRA. Is there a letter that is in circulation i can use? or just call them and ask them. Thanks

Gotta do it by mail. Always use CMRRR. If they don't comply and you did it by phone there's no proof.

The FCRA says that they have to give you a description of the verificatoin procedure not later than 15 days after receiveing your request for the procedure. Just make sure you are clear in that you want names, phone numbers, addresses and copies of documents...otherwise they may send you a short 1 paragraph description that doesn't mean much.

Yeah I was just reading the FCRA (for the first time) and saw that in there that you do have to specify what it is you want or something of that nature, unless I read it wrong or talking about something else.

I actually DV'd Cap One on an old account of my wife's. Well they sent me EVERYTHING. The agreement, statements, etc. Pretty much got what I asked for.

Too bad I think! Was it a very old account that was timebarred and they sent you the payment history that showed that?

The FCRA says that they have to give you a description of the verificatoin procedure not later than 15 days after receiveing your request for the procedure. Just make sure you are clear in that you want names, phone numbers, addresses and copies of documents...otherwise they may send you a short 1 paragraph description that doesn't mean much.

Yeah, they don't care...they'll STILL send you a short 1 paragraph descripton that doesn't mean much. I just got a few just like it and I told them what I wanted. ::sigh:: At least when you get this, you have more fuel to your ITS fire. :roll: