Newbie Here! Recently cancelled Lexington need help to start

future_homeowner

Greetings Everyone,

I just cancelled my account today with Lexington after 2 years. I've been surfing the web trying to find a good message board with information that I could actually use and get results and looks like I've found the right place.

I'm kinda starting all over, because when I cancelled Lexington, I asked them to send me back my credit reports, only to find that they told me that they SHRED my originals everytime I send them, so unfortuntaely, right now all I have are copies and I'm really pissed about that.

While going through my credit reports from 2000 - 2004, I've noticed that my DOLA are different for various accounts. How do I get the "REAL" DOLA in order to dispute effectively? I don't know who is reporting the right info and who is reporting the wrong info and I'm confused.

Any information on how to start on my own would really help me.

Greetings Everyone,

I just cancelled my account today with Lexington after 2 years. I've been surfing the web trying to find a good message board with information that I could actually use and get results and looks like I've found the right place.

I'm kinda starting all over, because when I cancelled Lexington, I asked them to send me back my credit reports, only to find that they told me that they SHRED my originals everytime I send them, so unfortuntaely, right now all I have are copies and I'm really pissed about that.

While going through my credit reports from 2000 - 2004, I've noticed that my DOLA are different for various accounts. How do I get the "REAL" DOLA in order to dispute effectively? I don't know who is reporting the right info and who is reporting the wrong info and I'm confused.

Any information on how to start on my own would really help me.

Well you get the real DOLA off of each of the three big credit reports. It may not appear on some of those 3-in-1 reports.

The good news is that as of January 1, 2004, all the CRAs must give you one free credit report per year on request. This is under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003, Sec 501 which amends the FCRA. They won't volunteer this and because they like to charge consumers for it you won't be able to order the freebie over the phone. Nothing in the new law requires them to offer the freebie or even to let you know you can get it.

Just write a letter and send to the big-3 by certified mail return receipt requested and ask for it. Cite the Act above and tell them you expect the report within 30 days. If they refuse, you can sue them for an easy $1000 for violating the FCRA.

I just got off the phone with Experian and they stated to me that they do not show DOLA on their report. I had them to explain what date of status is and date of report is, but they said that they do not show DOLA, but if i look at the history on the right hand side, that it would show the last time I made a payment or when they account started to be delinquient.

Thanks for the advice.

I just got off the phone with Experian and they stated to me that they do not show DOLA on their report. I had them to explain what date of status is and date of report is, but they said that they do not show DOLA, but if i look at the history on the right hand side, that it would show the last time I made a payment or when they account started to be delinquient.

Thanks for the advice.

That's odd. Especially since DOLA is so important for the determination of when things drop off your report. Hmmm...I smell a rat-fink at the CRA.

I had the same problem with DOLA with Experian and TransUnion and I called both of them and this is the info. I got. Experian rep told me the DOLA for them is the first late day - therefore, if you have an account that has a 30 day late of 2/2000 and you have never paid since then it DOLA would be 2/2000. Transunion DOLA for them is the date the account was closed on closed accounts, DOLA for open accounts is the paid as of date.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem with DOLA with Experian and TransUnion and I called both of them and this is the info. I got. Experian rep told me the DOLA for them is the first late day - therefore, if you have an account that has a 30 day late of 2/2000 and you have never paid since then it DOLA would be 2/2000. Transunion DOLA for them is the date the account was closed on closed accounts, DOLA for open accounts is the paid as of date.

Hope this helps.

A bit, but I'm concerned about the DOLA being spread out to a full 30 day window by the CRA and not down to the actual day. Smells fishy to me. I'll be reading some more case-law over the weekend. maybe there's something about reporting the last activity date....dunno.