Whats the Green Card?

schellmis63

Hi -

In this context, the "green card" is US Postal Service Form #3811, Domestic Return Receipt (it just happens to be green). When you send something via Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested (CMRRR), then this card gets stuck on your envelope and accompanies the delivery. The Receiver signs it when they receive the envelope, the Mail Carrier removes it from the envelope so the Postal Service can send it back to you to validate that the item was received and signed for.

Raven'

Hey - don't EVER feel stupid. 98% of the folks posting on this board are still learning. The only stupid question is the one not asked. When I look back to the things I did before I found these boards I just cringe. Once I found the boards I just read and read until my eyes about bled and then I started asking questions and finding out the right things to do. Everyone has been so helpful. Thanks for asking your question - I'm glad I knew an answer for a change - best of luck! -

:woohoo:

Hey - don't EVER feel stupid. 98% of the folks posting on this board are still learning. The only stupid question is the one not asked. When I look back to the things I did before I found these boards I just cringe. Once I found the boards I just read and read until my eyes about bled and then I started asking questions and finding out the right things to do. Everyone has been so helpful. Thanks for asking your question - I'm glad I knew an answer for a change - best of luck! -

:woohoo:

A simple phrase I came up with that can be applied to just about anything:

"I don't expect everyone who owns a car to be a mechanic. I just expect them to drive safely."

People here are learning to drive safely in the credit superhighway.