Palisades Collection, LLC

cabledude

Yes….unfortunately I have experience with these guys. I have a pending small claims suit against them for several violations of the FDCPA and the FCRA. They still have not validated the alleged debt with us and they have only submitted a copy of the Providian acceptance card with DW’s forged signature, ssn and birth date (whomever filled it out crossed their “7”s which DW never does).

Meanwhile, in their two letters in response to all our requests for DV, ITS, etc, they admitted they did not have the required info, had not informed the CRA that the account was in dispute AND kept asking for DW’s “signature on a plain piece of paper” for their “fraud” department.

The tradeline is STILL listed as “transferred to another lender” not “in dispute” as required and they have verified with the CRA five (5) times!

These guys are a real piece of work. Document everything. Send everything CMRRR. And, if you have not already, DV these guys as they are more than willing to commit several violations for you. However, they will take their sweet time in responding to any request that you send and really only responded in our case after they received the summons.

Hope this helps,

Mwh19991

One other point that I thought about later: Palisades Collection, LLC's "parent" company is Asta Funding.

Asta Funding pulled a second CR from another CRA (different CRA than the one the neg. tradeline is listed with - I suppose "phishing" for information). And, the two times that they have called post-suit to date, the caller id has Asta listed as the name.

mwh19991

I also have a collection item from Palisades. It also was from a providan cc. From what I have learned, Palisades purchased the debt from providan and then hired CA Northland Group. It is still with in SOL and I am unsure if I should DV them or attempt to settle with "paid settlement" on my cr?

Keep us posted...I'm interested in what you guys find out... :?

It is still with in SOL and I am unsure if I should DV them or attempt to settle with "paid settlement" on my cr?

jonmark:

IMHO, DV these guys and wait to get your green card back. Then file a dispute with the CRA(s). You very well may catch the CA in violations by going through these steps (in this order)...which is exactly what has gotten Palisades into a lawsuit with me. They did not ever inform the CRA, in my case, that the alleged debt in is dispute...they just verified it.

Something to think about. Perhaps once you get a couple of violations on these guys you can send a nice letter pointing out their violations and use that leverage to have the tradeline removed.

my two centavos,

mwh19991

After their attorney asked for (and received) "discovery" to find out what evidence we had, they have been silent for two weeks.

The court date is scheduled for the 13th of April...we will see, as the time gets closer, if they will offer a settlement.

I think, quite frankly, we would almost rather go to court instead of settle for the simple reason that we have all our little ducks in a row and the court will be held at the J.P.'s office in a really small Texas town in which we live...advantage "us"....lol.

mwh19991

• 1 month later...

Here is our update after the court date today, 04 May, in Small Claims Court [Texas]:

We had sued for three (3) FDCPA violations [counted as one], three (3) FCRA violations and one (1) FCBA [Fair Credit Billing Act] violation for the maximum of $5,000.00 as allowed by Texas Small Claims Court.

Results:

After 45 minutes of "debating" with Palisades' resident lawyer [a local lawyer who was NOT the original attorney with whom we began this process and who had only been given the HUGH file of paperwork on last Friday the 30th of April] and giving the Judge an education in credit law along the way, the judge found in our favor.

The Judge ruled that Palisades would remove the negative tradeline and any other negative information associated with this alleged debt within 14 days from any credit bureau that they had reported. Palisades could not transfer, covey, assign or sell this alleged debt to any other company or person(s). The Judge ordered Palisades to pay us $750.00 in civil liability fines plus our court filing fees and court summons fees.

DW and I were quite pleased at the results as the primary objective was to have negative tradeline removed permanently. Even though we argued for the full $5,000.00 and the resident attorney only wanted to concede to $200.00, [which drew a WONDERFUL look from the Judge...lol] $750.00 for our trouble was just icing on the cake!

Thank you to all those that post here on CIC for your encouragement, instruction and guidance. Without the knowledge that you guys bring to this site, the successes that we individuals have would be much, much more difficult...if we had any success at all.

mwh19991