Equifax disputing ?

utman17

I wasn't sure if you meant that... ;)

If you go to the EQ site, click on the "online dispute" link and go through the steps like you're starting a dispute. Enter in your confirmation # they gave you, and other info, and then it will tell you the status of your dispute. It doesn't show updated info as you go, but will show you when your dispute is completed (or when it is due).

Is that what you were looking for?

what about experian & transunion can u also check on the dispute status of those 2 bureaus :?:

Experian does allow for progressive results of your investigation. You can access it by going to the homepage for EX and then clicking on "dispute status" like the other post explains. You will need to have your confirmation # with you to access the page.

TU doesn't show results until the very end of their investigation. My experience so far has been that they take 29-30 days to complete their investigation, and then they update your CR (results will not show up during that period on PG either, they do a final update of your results for each dispute upon completion). Of course, they also have deleted 12 of the 13 TL's I've disputed, so it's worth the 30 day wait to me ;)

Another question, while in dispute how can you tell, helping this same friend out and she has only two items left on EQ and they are both collections, they were deleted on the other two TU and EX, was going to try and apply for Household once they show up in dispute.. Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks

Another question, while in dispute how can you tell, helping this same friend out and she has only two items left on EQ and they are both collections, they were deleted on the other two TU and EX, was going to try and apply for Household once they show up in dispute.. Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks

It should show it in the status of the TL. If it doesn't show anything, then they aren't marking it "in dispute" per the FDCPA.