Asset Acceptance computer printout and CRA ?????

I have 2 collection account showing up with all 3 CRA. It is old and past the SOL for collection in my state. I send VOD to Asset and they signed for it March 5th. I DID NOT put it in dispute with the CRA because I had disputed it previous and it came back verified, so I was trying a different route. Anyway, on March 12th I got a computer printout of the debt. It was really more like an activity log showing how many time they had tried to contact me, by what media, etc. I have been out of town so I have not pursued it yet. As of today, PG shows that EXP is reporting the acct as "in dispute by consumer". It is unchanged with EQU and TU. I was told by a member on another credit forum to leave the CRA alone at this point and instead to go after the CA for violating FCRA since the account is not listed in dispute. The thought being that if they think I am going to sue them then they will remove the TLs. I am here for a second opinion.....I certainly dont want to screw up an opportunity. Is this also what you would recommend? And, if so, can someone suggest a letter, quote the correct parts of the FCRA? Do I go get court papers and date them for 15 days out and send a copy? Do I include a copy of the Wollman opinion from the FTC? Suggestions?

PG shows that EXP is reporting the acct as "in dispute by consumer". It is unchanged with EQU and TU. I was told by a member on another credit forum to leave the CRA alone at this point and instead to go after the CA for violating FCRA since the account is not listed in dispute.

If you dispute w/ a CA they are required to notify the CRA that the account is in dispute, which is what seems to be the situation.

Get the SOL proof and tell them to bug off.... then go back to the CRA's

What I did with Asset was file complaints with the Michigan State Attorney Generals Office, The American Collectors Association & The Better Business Bureau of Michigan. They respoded to all complaints and it took some wrangling but eventually they succumbed and stopped reporting on all the CRA's.

ceowens, it really depends what you want to do?

Like, remove this negative trade line from your credit report.

Or sue the CA.

Many people simply want the trade line removed. If that is the case, then you should continue disputing this trade line with the CRA.

And in every dispute regardless to whom I am disputing (CRA, CA, etc...), I always include a citation of the law, FTC opinion letters (not just the excerprt but the entire letter as well and highlighted for my point), and anything else.

That computer generated printout from the CA along with the Wollman opinion would make excellent supporting documentation and additional evidence to send to the CRAs.

You guys are confusing me -- in my business, VOD stands for Verification of Deposit. Every time I see that, I go, "What the hell are they doing sending a VOD to a CA?" I couldn't figure it out until just now when the light dawned -- Validation of Debt. I am so used to seeing it as just plain DV that I was at a total loss. Duh! :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similair problem with Asset. I DV'd them and got the computer printout and they marked the account as in dispute with all 3 CRA's and have been for the past 7 months now. I attempted a 2nd DV and their address magically no longer existed. I was going to send an SOL letter this weekend.

Ravenous Wolf - mentioned "that computer generated printout from the CA along with the Wollman opinion would make excellent supporting documentation and additional evidence to send to the CRAs"

Do you recommend that I send this with the SOL letter or should I try this first to see what happens?

I am having a similair problem with Asset. I DV'd them and got the computer printout and they marked the account as in dispute with all 3 CRA's and have been for the past 7 months now. I attempted a 2nd DV and their address magically no longer existed. I was going to send an SOL letter this weekend. Ravenous Wolf - mentioned "that computer generated printout from the CA

What kind of this computer printout?