Asset Acceptance

seven

The best way is to report them to the FTC and file a formal complaint against AA with the Michigan Attorney General (Mike Cox) for illegally re-aging the debt.

The more firepower AG Cox can get against Asset (believe me, it's growing), the stronger his case to pounce on these idiots.

I recommend the 1-2 punch. DV the CA CMRRR and as soon as you get the green card back, dispute with all three CRAs as "not mine." If it stays on and the CA does not report it as "in dispute," then write a letter to the CA telling them that they are in violation of the FDCPA and the FCRA, and you will take no further action if they immediately delete the account from all three CRAs.

If they still won't delete, ITS them with a detailed description of their violations.

Is the OC reporting this at all? Can you prove the real date?

I recommend the 1-2 punch. DV the CA CMRRR and as soon as you get the green card back, dispute with all three CRAs as "not mine." If it stays on and the CA does not report it as "in dispute," then write a letter to the CA telling them that they are in violation of the FDCPA and the FCRA, and you will take no further action if they immediately delete the account from all three CRAs.

If they still won't delete, ITS them with a detailed description of their violations.

Is the OC reporting this at all? Can you prove the real date?

naw the oc isnt reporting it at all, but on my TU and CSC reports the correct date is shown..the only one that is re-aged is my experian..unfortunately I cannot prove the real date, this was way back in 97..according to my other 2 reports the 7 years will be up in about 4 more months..

Absolutely. Asset is in the next city over from me. Their tactics are well known in this area. Be sure to file your complaints! The powers that be need to be made aware of what's going on out there - it's the only way they can take action.