Disturbing Information from NAM

deseyer

I searched the internet for info on National Asset Management. I found their website. And as the CA guy told me they are a large company... Ok...

What I'm most disturbed about is the flash movie on their site. I have a hispanic surname. When I saw the movie, I felt aweful because after what I'm getting from them, I feel they are definitely trying to target hispanics. Particularly hispanics who do not speak english and may not know or understand all their rights.

https://www.nam-inc.com/index.aspx

Check it out for yourself. This is very disturbing...

While its obvious that they are well aware of the Hispanic market, I dont know that anyone would be able to do anything with that flash film. Until they start racking up violations with the FTC, etc. that film is just a presentation on the buying power of the Hispanic market and its potential. I've seen a lot of those stats before in other presentations.

J

How about some good old fashioned public outrage and pressure???

When would a CA start caring out their public image? The worse they make themselves out to be the more scared people will be of dealing with them, and the more success rate they achieve.

I don't think it would get much exposure. I mean, Fox News' O'Reilly may go after Pepsi or Nabisco for such a thing, but I doubt he'd give air time to a collection agency for the same offense.

Perhaps the best way to handle this is public education to the hispanic market. Ignorance is a form of opression. It also makes you a sitting duck of a target.

I wonder who could be notified to get this in front of the hispanic population.

It doesn't look to me like much more than a claim that at some point, a lot of any company's debtors are going to be hispanic, with an implicit claim that the CA will have spanish-speaking collectors to work those accounts.

It wouldn't be racism if a company were claiming it had developed ways to sell hispanics products they wanted. Why would collections be any different (other than the obvious difference that nearly everybody finds collections a distasteful activity).

When would a CA start caring out their public image? The worse they make themselves out to be the more scared people will be of dealing with them, and the more success rate they achieve.

I don't think it would get much exposure. I mean, Fox News' O'Reilly may go after Pepsi or Nabisco for such a thing, but I doubt he'd give air time to a collection agency for the same offense.

We've seen the media over-inlfate other stories of lesser quality and importance...

I'll bet you this isn't the only CA that's thinking this. Gotta remember they're all part of one big miserable group and do talk to eachother.

ITA Doc-but the message was just demographics about the Hispanic community. It didnt come out and say 'hey look at the potential deadbeats' although it was certainly implied. They could have made the 'bi-lingual' comment by saying-"We are bi-lingual" and left it at that.

They might as well have come right out and said it. It didn't help their message to say "It's all about recoveries" in the same flash movie.

The innuendos are there. Had they been a marketing company, the message would have been different.

They might as well have come right out and said it. It didn't help their message to say "It's all about recoveries" in the same flash movie.

The innuendos are there. Had they been a marketing company, the message would have been different.

They might not have said it in so many words, but what I "heard" was............. Hispanics are here, more are coming, they are spending money and applying for credit, and you creditors better get on board with us now because they are gonna default by the thousands and you're gonna need an agency that can hunt them down, even if they cross the border, harass them in thier own language, scare the crap out of them in 2 countries, and maybe get your money back in the process.