Are they Serious?! I just read this paragraph from FTC

legend

I just read this paragraph Harassing the alleged debtor or others: As in 2001, this was the complaint we heard most frequently last year. More than 8,900 consumers alleged that a third-party collector harassed them. Of these, 4,570 complained that collectors called them repeatedly or continuously. (Infrequent contacts, such as once a week or once a month, certainly might induce stress in a consumer but would not be "harassment" under the FDCPA.) Another 3,648 alleged that collectors used obscene, profane or otherwise abusive language; 762 alleged that collectors used or threatened to use violence if they failed to pay.

I receive no less than 4 calls per day from the same CA! I have running totals of times and frequencies of calls DAILY? Is the FTC saying 2 or 3 times a month isnt considered harassing? What about 4 times a day? Sometimes 4 calls in 5 minutes! huh? I swear Im being serious here.

I just read this paragraph Harassing the alleged debtor or others: As in 2001, this was the complaint we heard most frequently last year. More than 8,900 consumers alleged that a third-party collector harassed them. Of these, 4,570 complained that collectors called them repeatedly or continuously. (Infrequent contacts, such as once a week or once a month, certainly might induce stress in a consumer but would not be "harassment" under the FDCPA.) Another 3,648 alleged that collectors used obscene, profane or otherwise abusive language; 762 alleged that collectors used or threatened to use violence if they failed to pay.

I receive no less than 4 calls per day from the same CA! I have running totals of times and frequencies of calls DAILY? Is the FTC saying 2 or 3 times a month isnt considered harassing? What about 4 times a day? Sometimes 4 calls in 5 minutes! huh? I swear Im being serious here.

Yup that's harrassment. And if you've sent, and they've received, your debt validation letter with C&D, they are violating the law.

Start telling them at the beginning of the call that you are recording the call. (Do so, or bluff as you wish) They'll likely say they are not giving you permission. Tell them it doesn't matter, you've notified them you are recording. They'll likely just hang up. If you DV'ed them, tell them they are in violation of the FDCPA and you have recorded their violation to tape. That will have them loading their shorts.

Keep a log of every call with dates, times, names, and a brief description of the call. When you have about 10, sue thir butts for an easy grand.

It is Creditors Collection who calls non stop everyday. I haven't done anything in terms of C&D or validation etc... I am very new at this. I did report them to the BBB only so I could get the report back showing me all the other numbers they call from lol.

I write down every time they call, and now my fax machine is ringing like crazy all the time. UI began the *69 and found it to be Creditors Collection now calling both my numbers! I am learning so much here, I just sent my first validation letter today to LTD Financial Services. I'm very skidish and I log on to the boards here to calm down lol. Silly isn't it ^_^

Jenn

Your going to do well and it will all work out. Everyone here (well most) have your best interests at heart and will help you through the process. And remember-Your not a bad person! Bad things happen to good people. Lots of them. Most, if not all, of us included. So hang tough and dont let any of those nasty CAs intimidate you. We will all help you get thru it.

J

Snow, thank you so much I honestly feel those words at heart because I have been watching all the great things so many of you help others with. It really does calm me to come here when I think things are so bad theres no hope left, I read all the posts where complete strangers are helping other complete strangers, and even complimenting and standing by each others side! Then I know all is not lost in society ^_^ Thank you all!

When your ready, pick the appropriate forum and give us the info we need to help you (what youve done, who your dealing with and the like). You said you sent out your first DV letter today. Thats a great start. I would encourage you to send out C&D (cease and desist) letters right away. Start with the limited C&D and tell them they can only contact you in writing. You can also include this in your DV letter. Get that phone to stop ringing. There is no need to speak to a collection agency.

And welcome!

J

Snow ^_^ I would love to get the phone to stop ringing, but I dont know the address to send the C&D too lol. I dont want to talk to them, and it's one of those CA's that call with the automated system so when you do answer it all you get is a recording telling you to please stay on the line for a very important call. They usually dont ever come on the line tho :( Probably a good thing.

Somewhere I should be able to locate a notice they sent me by mail. Before I started staying here, I usually tossed them. I'll look and if I can find one, I will send a C&D immediately.

Snow ^_^ I would love to get the phone to stop ringing, but I dont know the address to send the C&D too lol. I dont want to talk to them, and it's one of those CA's that call with the automated system so when you do answer it all you get is a recording telling you to please stay on the line for a very important call. They usually dont ever come on the line tho :( Probably a good thing.

Somewhere I should be able to locate a notice they sent me by mail. Before I started staying here, I usually tossed them. I'll look and if I can find one, I will send a C&D immediately.

You have the names of the collectors so start here:

http://www.acainternational.org/intcontent.aspx?cid=2711

Look them up. Creditors Collection is listed several times in a few states. I dont know where you are so cant post the addy for the one calliing you. It would be helpfull for all of us if you can go into your profile here (top of the page is a link) and add your state to the location box. That will post it below your name for reference.

Anyway, once you find the correct agency, you'll want to find out if they are licensed in your state. There is a 'sticky' post by Nana regarding checking that. Again, knowing what state you are in we can find the information for you. We are here to help.

J

Thank you for the link Snow ^_^. I went and added my location to the profile. When Im in a particular thread, and I want to get back to the main board is there a way to get there from within the post I'm already in? I have been hitting my favorites folder then getting to the boards that way to get back to the main forum.

According to the records of this office there is a bond on file for LTD Financial Services LP in Houston, TX. I hope this information is of help to you.

Sincerely,

Nina Weston

Statutory Documents

:( well then they're following the Texas rules atr least.

Thank you for the link Snow ^_^. I went and added my location to the profile. When Im in a particular thread, and I want to get back to the main board is there a way to get there from within the post I'm already in? I have been hitting my favorites folder then getting to the boards that way to get back to the main forum.

Just click on the links at the top of the message, either the 'Credit Info Center Discussion Forums Forum Index' the sub-forum name next to it.

I see your in NY-thats not the best state for consumer protection as I understand it. Oh well... dont worry about the licensing parts then.

I will let others chime in on your use of the credit repair people. I dont have any experience with them.

J